Why become a member? ×

FENDER SUPER BASSMAN & 410 NEO CAB WITH HOTCOVERS & FLIGHT CASE - EX BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB (SOLD)
£1650
Dundee

sirmuppet

Hi there

Have decided to sell me Bass amp and go for something smaller. It truly is the best bass head I've used but I don't play nearly as much as I did when I got it and not the size of venues either. The clean channel is superb. Gives you a nice clean tone, you can go from fat to sharp and anywhere in between. You can also pull on the treble and bass knobs and they pop out. This allows you to switch the frequency of the knob and get a different sound. Go over to the drive channel and things get interesting. This channel is active past the midway of the Treble, middle and bass knobs (There's a little indent you feel when turning them to let you know when you hit the active part). This means you can boost them past the natural register and get a bunch more tones. You also have the push/pull knobs on the treble and bass like channel 1. There's also a mid frequency knob to allow you to tailor exactly what frequency you want to alter. There's a gain for the amount of overdrive you want which can get crazy if you go to 10. With the gain knob there's a blend where you can balance how much of the clean signal gets mixed with the overdriven one so you don't lose any low end if you worry about that. Personally having the blend at 10 I think is the best and I think it sounds great in the mix. The cab is punchy with lots of bass and treble on tap for when you want it.

I've had it serviced just before lockdown and also put in a full re-valve. So this amp has had a full set (Preamp and power valves) of JJ's. It sounds amazing and fresh! It's had maybe a couple of hours use since then. The head comes with both a "Hot Covers" padded cover for the head and a "Matt Snowball" flight case while the can has a Hot covers padded cover. You'll see the flight case is sprayed and has a tour plaque from "Bombay Bicycle Club". This was because I bought the head and case from them. Ed and the guys were selling some gear when they went on hiatus a couple of years ago to do solo and side projects. There's also a Boss pedal included for switching channels. 

This head really does it all. The output ohm of the head can be switched so if you have an 8, 4 or 2 ohm cab you can just switch the head to match and get the full output. There's a cracking DI where you can go pre or post with it and in has it's own volume control. There's an output for a tuner and an effects loop. The best bit is this amp is self biasing. This means every time you turn it on it checks the 6 output valves to make sure they're working. If there's any issues it will show you and tell you which valve is at fault. You can also set the bias on the fly so inbetween songs you could just decide to run the head hotter getting a breakup at a lower volume or earlier. Just press the up or down button on the bias control and it's done. The self bias also means if a valve fails it will compensate and run at a lower volume so you can get through the gig. Just pop the volume up to match what it was and you can carry on. You can change the valves yourself without having to take it to a tech to bias. So if you have spares at a gig, just change them there and then!

The head is in great condition. It's been well looked after by me and by Bombay Bicycle Club. I've owned the cab from new and that is also in fantastic condition. No rips or nick in either of them.

Pics are of the actual head and cab for sale. There's ones from when I originally was going to sell just the head but I've taken more today with the cab. I'll try and get better ones. 

Here's the spec from Fender:

One of the most powerful and versatile bass amps Fender has ever created, the Super Bassman is a stadium-level 300-watt tube head designed for the biggest shows and the largest stages, with enormous Fender bass sound and sparkling vintage Fender looks. Perfect for stage and studio alike, its dual-channel design uses modern technology to maximize classic technology, with classic Fender late-'60s/early-'70s "blackface" styling and a wealth of innovative features on the front and rear panels.

Features include a tube preamp (two 12AX7s) and power amp (one 12AX7, one 12AT7, six 6550s); Vintage channel that delivers the full, warm sound of a classic Fender passive tone stack; Overdrive channel that delivers the aggressive and responsive sound of a modern active tone stack (choose between channels with included footswitch); rear-panel Fender Automatic Bias system that constantly monitors and re-biases tubes for perfect performance and alerts you when service is required; Speaker Output switch that can be set to "Mute" to turn speaker off and record silently using preamp tone from the XLR output; Impedance switch (8, 4 or 2 ohms) and master volume control with push/pull mute.

FENDER SUPER BASSMAN HEAD FEATURES:

Model Name: Super Bassman®
Series: Bassman® PRO
Amplifier Type: Tube
-Electronics:
Effects Loop: PreAmp Out / Power Amp In
Inputs: Two
Line Out: XLR (Pre/Post) w/ Level and Ground Lift
Speaker Jack: Yes
Channels: 2 - Vintage, Overdrive (footswitchable)
Rectifier: Solid State Rectifier
Controls: Vintage - VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); Overdrive - GAIN, BLEND, VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID FREQ, MID LVL, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); MASTER (pull MUTE)
-Hardware:
Hardware Finish: Nickel Corners (Notched)
Cabinet Material: Plywood
Pilot Light Jewel: Yes
Handle: Spring Loaded Handles
Front Panel: Metal, Painted
Frequency Response: 820k (INPUT 1), 136k (INPUT 2), 43k (PWR AMP IN)
Output Impedance: 220 ohm (PREAMP OUT)
Sensitivity: 12mVrms (INPUT 1), 1Vrms (PWR AMP IN) @ 100Hz
Signal To Noise Ratio: 95dB (Power amp), 46dB (Preamp)
Amplifier Depth: 13.5" (34.3 cm)
Amplifier Width: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
Amplifier Height: 10" (25.4 cm)
Amplifier Weight: 65 lbs. (29.48 kg)
-Speakers:
Impedance: Selectable 8, 4, or 2 Ohms
-Tubes:
Pre Amp Tubes: 2x12AX7; 1x12AX7 1x12AT7 (Power Amp)
Power Tubes: 6 X 6550
-Miscellaneous:
Unique Features: Speaker Output 'Mute' for silent recording and Fender Automatic Bias for output tube monitoring/adjustment
-Accessories:
Knobs: Black (w/ Chrome Insert), w/ 1-10, Set Screw

Fender's Bassman 410 Neo cabinet delivers the full, tight and punchy bass sound you'd expect from a 4x10" enclosure, and does it with sparkling vintage Fender looks and a remarkably lightweight design.

Features include four 10" Eminence® U.S.A. neodymium-magnet speakers, compression driver horn with attenuator, lightweight plywood enclosure with classic late-'60s/early-'70s Fender "blackface" styling and Speakon connectors, removable casters and spring-loaded heavy-duty handles for easier transport. Rated at 1,000 watts program (500 watts continuous) at 8 ohms.

FENDER BASSMAN 410 NEO CABINET FEATURES:

Model Name: Bassman® 410 Neo
Series: Bassman® PRO
-Electronics:
Inputs: Two 1/4" and One Speakon
Power Handling: 1000 watts (Program), 500 watts (Continuous) Handling Capability
Horn Tweeter: Compression Driver Horn Tweeter with 8 oz. Magnet
Controls: High Frequency Horn Attenuation
-Hardware:
Hardware Finish: Nickel Plated Steel Corners
Cabinet Material: Lightweight Plywood
Handle: Side-Mounted Steel Flip Handles
Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 15 kHz
Amplifier Depth: 16.25" (41.3 cm)
Amplifier Width: 26" (66 cm)
Amplifier Height: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
Amplifier Weight: Under 55 lbs.
-Speakers:
Speaker: (4) Fender® Special Design Eminence® Neodymium 10" speakers and a compression driver horn
Impedance: 8 Ohms
-Accessories:
Casters: Removable 2" Diameter Swivel Casters
Knobs: Black Plastic

1_f.jpg
2_f.jpg
3_f.jpg
4_f.jpg
5_f.jpg
6_f.jpg
7_f.jpg
8_f.jpg
9_f.jpg
10_f.jpg
11_f.jpg
12_f.jpg
13_f.jpg
14_f.jpg
15_f.jpg
16_f.jpg
17_f.jpg
18_f.jpg
19_f.jpg
20_f.jpg
21_f.jpg
22_f.jpg
23_f.jpg
24_f.jpg
25_f.jpg
26_f.jpg
27_f.jpg
28_f.jpg
29_f.jpg
30_f.jpg
31_f.jpg
32_f.jpg
33_f.jpg
34_f.jpg
35_f.jpg
36_f.jpg

An questions, just ask. I am looking for cash but if you have something to trade you can get in touch. £1650 ONO. Collection only, I'm in Dundee but could travel a little to meet somewhere.

Thanks, G.

Edited by sirmuppet
  • Like 1