Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro ii SB Elite I WITHDRAWN
£500
St Albans/ Welwyn GC

uk_lefty

NOW 495

Here is a 1984 Japanese made Aria Pro ii SB-Elite I. You really don't see many around, and not many in good working order. This bass feels and sounds great. It's a neck thru construction and the pickup can be switched from single to dual coil. Passive electronics. The fret markers look incredible!

I've had this bass since February and spent some money with various people on parts and getting it up and running. It now feels and plays like a good working instrument should, though it's been stressful to get to this point! 

There are some points to highlight:
Bone nut - this is not original and was made for this bass by my luthier,
Armstrong pickup - the pickups in these 80s Arias die off which is why you see so many with Barts or J pickups butchered in, this has a replica of the original made in the UK by Kent Armstrong,
Neck repair - the neck had a crack but I've had this repaired. Everyone knows a repaired neck is stronger than one that's never had an accident. The crack lines are visible on the back of the neck because I was not bothered about a refinish. It feels perfectly smooth when playing, you wouldn't know it's there.
Lots of the usual signs of wear and tear for an instrument of nearly 37 years of age. This is not pristine condition and I've shown this accurately in the photos. The pearl white finish has naturally aged beautifully and there are various paint chips, scuffs and blemishes. This is perfect for any 80s Revival band!

The bass has had fresh stainless steel strings and a thorough set up including electronics service. It feels and plays very nicely.

Selling due to needing funds and having too many basses! I am on the lookout for a fretless or a 5 string so could consider a trade. Open to sensible offers, this is listed elsewhere but at a lower cost on BC for a quicker and easier trade. 

The bass will be packed in a cardboard box and delivered by an insured courier. International delivery is possible but will need to get other quotes. No case or other items included, just the bass. Local pickup from St Albans area is welcome.

IMG_20200918_073803.jpg

IMG_20200918_073808.jpg

IMG_20200918_073821.jpg

IMG_20200918_073814.jpg

IMG_20200918_073827.jpg

IMG_20200918_073839.jpg

IMG_20200918_073853.jpg

IMG_20200918_073910.jpg

IMG_20200918_074237.jpg

Edited by uk_lefty
Price drop

Back up for sale... 

It originally sold off BC but DPD messed about with the package and it arrived so late the buyer claims he didn't want it anymore and couldn't afford to pay when it did turn up for him. Fair play he repackaged it and sent it back to me. Somewhere along the lines the knobs have been removed!!!! I've got new ones on order from the US but these could take a week or so to get here. Otherwise the bass is fine and dandy, just knob less for now. 

Sensible offers welcome, local pickup from St Albans/ Welwyn GC area much preferred to courier transit! 

Send me any questions.

Thanks