Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 downgrading to MS60B?

ReeV0

42 minutes ago, jjl5590 said:

Hi all, 

I'm trying to make some room on a pedal board (that I've yet to get), and one way to gain real estate is to get rid of my big old Zoom B3. I'm thinking about 'downgrading' to the smaller Zoom MS60B - does anyone know how much I'll lose out on? 

Thanks 

You'll lose a lot of versatiliy for sure. The MS60B isn't great for gigging unless you just want a 'core' sound or a particular patch when you want it. At least, that's my experience.

59 minutes ago, Japhet said:

You'll lose a lot of versatiliy for sure. The MS60B isn't great for gigging unless you just want a 'core' sound or a particular patch when you want it. At least, that's my experience.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm also considering the MS100BT as heard good things but don't know much about it

42 minutes ago, Japhet said:

You'll lose a lot of versatiliy for sure. 

Agreed , but I would say that the MS60B can be gigged depending on your needs. If you only need 4 core patches for your set then you can toggle through the 4 patches with simple single footswitch press. The tuner is really handy so reducing the need for a separate tuner and saving real estate. BUT the B1Four maybe a more versatile route to consider. 

• Like 1

I’ve just done exactly this - gone from a B1four back to an ms60b.

yes, the functionality is very much reduced, but the MS60b has more synths, which is primarily what mine’s used for. Running the MS60B in a loop pedal means that I have a master switch to bring it in or out of the signal path, and I use the MS60B foot switch to cycle through my pre selected patches.

BC01252F-33AD-4D5E-AC18-10936140C4B4.thumb.png.a0d0c3cdbe53c4defee65cf97d3efd01.png

• Like 1

I use my ms-60b on most of my boards. A great space saver, it is also so versatile. By spending a while programming in patches then allocating letters to them in set list order no reason not to gig with it. However I tend to use mine either as an always on (HPF, compressor, drive) or as a standalone for whatever I need on a particular board. 

I love mine so much I'm building a small board entirely made from ms-60b 's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1