Why become a member? ×

*SOLD PENDING PAYMENT* Spoiler alert: Alembic Spoiler 1989, great condition, OHSC
£2350
Hilversum, The Netherlands

will4bass

Alembic Spoiler from 1989.

Some specs: birds-eye maple top, mahogany body, 3 piece maple neck(through) with ebony board including OHSC. 32 inch, 2 truss rods, AXY pickups, Volume/Tone/Pickup selector, Alembic low pass filter with Q-switch, chrome Alembic GOTOH tuners, Brass bridge, just below 4kgs on my kitchen scale etc. This Spoiler has that unique Alembic sound: bright, full and dynamic, with a sweet flavour that comes with the years. I am the first owner (!) and chose this one over 3 other Alembics in the shop at the time and I played this bass from 1989 till about 1995. From then on it rested in it's case. It has been played but considering a 31 years old instrument it is in very, very good condition. Technically 100%.IMG_3414.thumb.jpg.bd0d2a764cfed889902a905fbc5de9f1.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpg

Edited by will4bass
sold pending payment
  • Like 8

Gorgeous bass. I have one in [Cliff Burton/Metallica stylee] black gloss (which I have discovered is a birds eye maple refin!). Might help if you add the weight as these vary somewhat. GLWTS, its lovely!

Edit: aah, I see you added a pic. c4kg. Nice! GLWTS

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bokkie said:

Beautiful Spoiler, Will!! I could be wrong but aren’t the tuners from Shaller?

Thanks Bokkie! I think they are: 'made in Germany' it says. The bass is 100% original and this is what Alembic used back then. Maybe they still do on their models, I don't know actually. Ido know I am the first owner and never changed a thing!

Edited by will4bass

On 26/09/2020 at 10:39, will4bass said:

Thanks Bokkie! I think they are: 'made in Germany' it says. The bass is 100% original and this is what Alembic used back then. Maybe they still do on their models, I don't know actually. Ido know I am the first owner and never changed a thing!

Beautiful bass! Love that birdseye maple! They are definitely Schaller tuners - that is their logo on the back and they look like every other Schaller tuner - the good news is they are excellent tuners!

• Like 2

These are such cool basses, favoured by Prince's bass players (Brownmark and Levi) as well as Prince himself.

Here's Levi Seacer (in the newly released Sign of the Times live concert) playing one and sounding completely awesome.

Edited by Cairobill
  • Like 2

• MB1 locked this topic