Why become a member? ×

MARKBASS S450 amp - £200ono - *SOLD*
£300
Hatfield

TheGreek

Head now sold - sellers remorse setting in.

CAB SOLD!!!

Picked this up in a part exchange - full working order and has a clean warm tone. Surplus to requirement so needs to go to make space in my, already overcrowded, home.

Can't find much info about the amp - there's some info on the TB site and they have one for sale on the Reverb site -  they're charging £286 for the head,  If that's their value, this is a bit of a steal for somebody - I just want to get back what I have in it TBH.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/18722391-markbass-s450-club-series-c-case-rack?locale=en-GB

Collection preferred. 

TheGreeks sale2.png

20210420_115836.jpg

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have exactly the same head, and an identical cab in 2x10 configuration. It was the series that made the success of MarkBass on the global market as one of the best bass amp out there.

Very warm and pleasant sounding, to my ears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Echoing the disbelief here.

I once did a fly-in gig near Rome and the local backline hire guys gave me this rig to use. It was absolutely awesome sounding. I still remember the sound, probably the best I've ever sounded live.  

I think in Italy this would be revered the way  a lovely old Trace amp is here. Bargain for someone.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love the cab, though I can't find out out whether it's 4 or 8 ohm.  However, you're not keen on splitting and I've been out of work for the past three months, so it's not possible, even though this would be a steal at twice the price.  I can't blame you for getting a bit frustrated.

25 minutes ago, petecarlton said:

Wow - how does that work?  Forgive me, it's more than 50 years since I did O-level Physics!

It looks to have three speakers, so I'd guess that these are each 16 Ohms, and wired in parallel, giving just over 5 Ohms, arithmetically. Any amp that can deliver to 4 Ohms would be fine with this, and it would put out more than the same amp under 8 Ohms. It's not so unusual; there used to be many cabs with other impedances than 4 or 8. I don't know of any amps that won't accept less than 8 Ohms. Maybe an old valve amp with only a 4 Ohm transformer, but even then such a small difference is very unlikely to do any harm. It's not really an issue, unless pairing it in parallel with another is to be envisaged. B|

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petecarlton said:

Wow - how does that work?  Forgive me, it's more than 50 years since I did O-level Physics!

It'd be a 4R 4x10" cab if it had one more 16R speaker. 

• Confused 1

• TheGreek changed the title to SOLD!! - MARKBASS S450 amp - £200ono