Why become a member? ×

Bespoke Courier Service

BigJim

Hey guys,

Since lockdown I've been doing different jobs as a way of making money and have been doing a couple of bespoke courier service  jobs for musicians who are willing to help out a musician who lost everything since we went into lockdown.

So I'm doing more of it. Prices are on an individual bases, they're a little bit more than normal but you get same day delivery (within England and South Scotland) and a bespoke service where I video call on pickup to ensure it's exactly what's ordered and that the client is happy with it before I take it for delivery. I'm not a big company, it's me and my van!

So if you would like your instrument picked up and brought straight to you, please contact me!

I currently have a job next week (just waiting on the date) Maidenhead-Newport (wales) and next Thursday Birmingham to Stirling (scotland).

I basically run it as a bespoke service. You'll be supporting a musician and his family!

I have shipping boxes, hard cases and flight cases to put the instruments in, commercial insurance and a LOT of coffee!

BigJim

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

What a great idea Jim, I often see basses I like that are too far sometimes or I don’t have the time to make the journey, where are you based 🙂

Thanks man. I'm located just outside Northampton but I'm used to driving all over and enjoy being on the road!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, stewblack said:

@BigJim I have been thinking... dangerous I know... Could you perhaps have a thread where you announce where you're next heading from and to? Might find two or three of us could make use of one trip which will make it much more worthwhile for you. 

Great idea my friend. 

I’m off to Blackburn from Northampton and back today! 

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Great idea. Anything that stops the ‘bad courier experience’ threads here gets my vote :)

Good luck 

Agreed. Without wanting to be boring about this (but I used to run a removals company, so I will be), unless you advise your insurance company you’re doing this your insurance will likely be invalidated. You’re driving for hire, which has high associated risks. 

Secondly, what happens if the instruments are damaged or stolen when in your possession? Without appropriate insurance you’re taking a huge risk, particular with high value instruments. 

There’s a reason that courier costs are high, and it’s not because people are particularly greedy.

I wish you well in your endeavour.

42 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Agreed. Without wanting to be boring about this (but I used to run a removals company, so I will be), unless you advise your insurance company you’re doing this your insurance will likely be invalidated. You’re driving for hire, which has high associated risks. 

Secondly, what happens if the instruments are damaged or stolen when in your possession? Without appropriate insurance you’re taking a huge risk, particular with high value instruments. 

There’s a reason that courier costs are high, and it’s not because people are particularly greedy.

I wish you well in your endeavour.

Thanks Burns-Bass for raising this, a few people have asked me already in DMs

This is a very good point. 

I have full insurance for this as a courier and all instruments/equipment will be insured under my insurance I have taken out for this. 

A few people have asked me about things like timings. The service is direct from the place of pickup (directly from the person selling the instrument with full videos and pictures of the instrument sent prior to taking it) to the, let’s say customer with full pictures of safe arrival to the person selling with no overnight unless stated. 

Full paperwork is printed for every delivery.

I hope this puts your mind at ease my friend.

Jimbo 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Thanks Burns-Bass for raising this, a few people have asked me already in DMs

This is a very good point. 

I have full insurance for this as a courier and all instruments/equipment will be insured under my insurance I have taken out for this. 

A few people have asked me about things like timings. The service is direct from the place of pickup (directly from the person selling the instrument with full videos and pictures of the instrument sent prior to taking it) to the, let’s say customer with full pictures of safe arrival to the person selling with no overnight unless stated. 

Full paperwork is printed for every delivery.

I hope this puts your mind at ease my friend.

Jimbo 

This is brilliant to hear. I used to use a service such as this for motorbikes. Worth the extra cost for the peace of mind.

I hope it goes really well for you, I really do. If it’s being set up as a business, I’d keep an eye out for support grants and suchlike too.