Why become a member? Ɨ

SOLD: Trace Elliott AH200 Series 6 Bass Amp
Ā£125
Littlehampton, West Sussex

silverfoxnik

Vintage Trace Elliott AH200 BassAmp and Cover For Sale,Ā 

Now SOLD - thanks for all your interest! šŸ‘šŸ˜Š

For sale only is my Trace Elliot AH200 Amp which I bought on Basschat from @stewblackĀ earlier this year. Here's a link to Stew's ad which includes a link to a short video clip of the amp working :

The amp is in good working order and comes with it's original Trace Elliot cover as can be seen in the photos below.

Despite the fact that it's a high quality English made, classic design bass amp that's packed with quality components and features, it's really portable for such a powerful amp!

On that point, it delivers 200 watts at 4 ohms and trust me, they are seriously loud, old-skool Trace watts which to me, sound as loud as my Hughes and Kettner Bassbase 600 watt amp.Ā 

Apart from the classic Trace Elliot pre-shape switch - which I'd say gives you one of the classic bass tones of the last 35 yearsĀ  at the push of a button - it also has a switchable 12-band graphic EQ which gives you further extensive controls to easily shape your tone.Ā 

Having said that, there is an inherent Trace Elliot tone to this amp in my opinion which is great straight out of the box also! I think someone else on Basschat once described it as 'hard-baked' which in my head equates to a dry, punchy and vintage bass tone.Ā 

Tech Spec:

* 200 Watts of power at 4 ohms

* Passive and active input sections

* 12-band graphic EQ

* Variable control for the graphic EQ

* Balanced DI out

* Effects loop

* Noise reduction switch

* Line in/Line out

*Ā  Headphone socket

[Not sure how this link has appeared twice and now it has, I can't seem to remove it, so please ignore..]Ā 

In terms of weight, itā€™s about 9kg, and very easy to carry - lighter than the 300W version even though it is nearly as powerful. Itā€™s convection cooled via a massive aluminium heatsink on the back ā€“ so no fans to go wrong. It does have that slight background 'hum' that these amps are known for, but it's not intrusive in my opinion..Ā 

There's plenty of reviews online for these amps, including YouTube videos, so I won't duplicate them here.. Suffice to say, if you want to hear one of these in action or get feedback on how they sound, the interweb is your friend.. šŸ˜

I'm selling because I've got too many amps and not enough gigs! And, when I was gigging more regularly before the lockdown, I tended to always use my full valve amp...

So, here's your chance to pick up a classic versatile and great sounding bass amp at a very affordable price!Ā 

Covid safe and properly socially distanced vewings are possible and welcome (by arrangement) in Littlehampton, West Sussex and yes, I'm happy to send by fully insured courier (at buyer's expense) if necessary.Ā 

Any questions, please ask away here or send me a PM.

Thanks for looking as ever...Ā šŸ˜Š

NikĀ 

IMG_20200827_155733.jpg

IMG_20200827_153106.jpg

IMG_20200827_155742.jpg

IMG_20200827_153620.jpg

IMG_20200827_153609.jpg

IMG_20200827_153601.jpg

IMG_20200827_153309.jpg

IMG_20200827_153245.jpg

IMG_20200827_153237.jpg

IMG_20200827_153119.jpg

IMG_20200827_153129.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Now SOLD
  • Like 3

Thanks Stew and 'hear, hear' to that!Ā 

You know, I've never gigged this or even used it in a rehearsal since I got it from you...

I've literally fired it up a few times and it sounded great every time.Ā 

With no gigs on the horizon for me at the moment, and too much gear, it just doesn't make any sense for me to keep it..Ā 

As you say, I hope it stays in the Basschat family.. šŸ˜Š