Why become a member? ×

I'm too Orangey for Crows NBD AND NAD

Cat Burrito

57 minutes ago, SICbass said:

I have the Eastwood copy of your Gretsch. I just love that look - but I couldn’t afford the Gretsch.

I have a couple of Eastwood basses & like them a lot. My favourite bass player / influence Sami Yaffa was playing the Orange Eastwood for a while. I wouldn't normally be affording the Gretsch but it was second hand & I had that payout. 😻

• Like 2

Congratulations on your new gear! 

You said in original post that "life's too short" and I agree. I'm mainly an acoustic guitar player, who has always played cheap or second hand instruments. About a year ago, my brother in law was diagnosed with stomach cancer, and it made me think "what am I waiting for?" so I took a trip to that there London and bought a decent Yamaha acoustic guitar from Yamaha's own shop. 

But now I am slowly and painfully getting to grips with bass playing for a band of older folks, and am loving it. Maybe, one day, I will be able to justify buying some decent bass gear, and be able to post it on Basschat....... 

• Like 1