Why become a member? ×

Die cut stickers for headstock logos

rushbo

I have a lot of fun putting bitsa basses together - nothing high end, just grafting orphaned necks onto bodies and playing around with spray paint - that sort of thing. I always put on a "Fender style" headstock sticker as I think headstocks look a little bit weird if they're left blank. Generally, I use waterslide decals, but I find them to be very hit and miss - sometimes they go on perfectly, but more often than not, it takes me multiple attempts to get something I'm happy with.

Looking for alternatives, I found an eBay seller - morphiuscraftsuk which does cheap and cheerful, die cut stickers. I ordered the "Fender style" version and although it wont fool anyone (which isn't really the point...), I thought it looked rather good. I got back to them to do another sticker in a font which they didn't advertise on the site and they came back straight away with a number of options. I ordered it, and part II came today. Once again, it looks ace. Customer service was incredibly good, especially as the items were so cheap.

Total cost: 2 x £1.49

If you're lovingly recreating a 1963 Fender Jazz, this isn't the product for you. If you're using up those bits from the parts box and you want a quick, no mess logo to finish it off, this might be a viable option.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323769332446?ul_noapp=true

IMG_0513.thumb.JPG.d1f263f99a065dd7e12a1810deb5d668.JPG

Edited by rushbo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

The link I guess is for the "Fedner" text, how did you get the "Prescription Bass" - was this from the same seller?

Yes it was - I sent a message and asked if they could do "Prescription Bass" in Helvetica, Calibri or Arial at 14pt in bold. The seller tried all the options and the one that worked best was Helvetica. So there were two transactions in all - one for the "Fedner" logo and one for the "Prescription Bass" lettering, so the total cost, including P+P was £2.98.

• Thanks 2