Why become a member? ×

Boss OC-5 Octave!!!!

fretmeister

I spotted that my little "OC-2 setting" clip on the OC-5 seems to have got corrupted earlier on this thread. I've re-uploaded it on my previous post and below also for ease of reference.

Personally I think it does a great "OC-2", with less glitchy tracking, which I'm all in favour of. There's nothing better on the market at this price point IMO - those of you who have managed to get your hands on one are in for a treat!

58 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I spotted that my little "OC-2 setting" clip on the OC-5 seems to have got corrupted earlier on this thread. I've re-uploaded it on my previous post and below also for ease of reference.

Personally I think it does a great "OC-2", with less glitchy tracking, which I'm all in favour of. There's nothing better on the market at this price point IMO - those of you who have managed to get your hands on one are in for a treat!

Doesn’t work. 

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Doesn’t work for me either. Might be an iPhone thing? 

2 hours ago, Alba said:

As at 24 March, PMT Online currently showing in stock if anyone is trying to get hold of one. 

Deleted my previous ramblings as I mid read the date. 😂 

Edited by bassfan

On 22/03/2022 at 11:58, Al Krow said:

Would you mind sharing your settings for this clip. My pedal arrives on Saturday and I have a gig in the evening so having a quick starting point would be a really big help :)

15 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Would you mind sharing your settings for this clip. My pedal arrives on Saturday and I have a gig in the evening so having a quick starting point would be a really big help :)

With pleasure - it's a very simple setting for 'classic OC-2': -1 oct on max and the three other knobs dialled-off to zero. Vintage (not poly) mode. Finger style in that particular clip. 

Enjoy the gig! 

11 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

With pleasure - it's a very simple setting for 'classic OC-2': -1 oct on max and the three other knobs dialled-off to zero. Vintage (not poly) mode. Finger style in that particular clip. 

Enjoy the gig! 

Amazing, thank you very much, really appreciate it and thanks for the good wishes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

With PMT you can even see which stores have the stock, though it doesn’t give exact numbers (unlike Guitar Guitar which does).

Unfortunately they didn't take into consideration their back orders and those wiped out the stock they had.

He said they shouldn't have been booked on and made available! Close but no cigar.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Noisyjon said:

Unfortunately they didn't take into consideration their back orders and those wiped out the stock they had.

He said they shouldn't have been booked on and made available! Close but no cigar.

What happened to me at andertons and guitarguitar. Andertons had 240 on order and 138 on back order, they received 87. 24 more due end April rest is unknown so I was way down the list at 124. I’m sure guitaraguitar are the same although they didn’t divulge that much info 😏

• Thanks 1

I've had mine on order from GuitarGuitar since about 12th january and when I checked last week they told me that they were expecting them in at the end of this month. Whether that means that my one will be in at the end of this month is another story.

I'm used to waiting though - the settee that I ordered on 21st September is only just now in the warehouse and due for delivery next Saturday so that's only 3 months longer than it should have been and I'm having to wait 6 months to have my new double glazing fitted.

Seems to be the way of it now

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Amazing, thank you very much, really appreciate it and thanks for the good wishes.

Mine has arrived, 2 days early and so far I'm loving it. Tried @Al Krow settings and they are bang on out of the box so a huge thank you for that. My old Octave pedal was a Behringer one and they are quite different, enough to make me think about keeping both on my pedalboard. The Boss OC-5 is very clean, tracks amazing and is like playing your usual bass line but with a very clean octave sound, perhaps even subtle but very articulate. The Behringer is more like a big fat, wall of bass, even quite orchestral at times and can add massive lows. It's more like a sub bass at times and I tend to turn it on when I hit my very last note on some songs to add a really big fat wall of bass that I let ring out.

The annoying thing with the Behringer was the tracking wasn't great at times, it could be a bit hit or miss and you had to have it set at either low, mid or high octave. Not great if you were starting with low notes and then playing something high. The Boss just tracks whatever so that's a huge plus for me. So The Boss can now be used for everything and if I want to add a big low fat bass sound, I will just kick the Behringer in. Happy days :)

• Like 1