Why become a member? ×

1995 Warwick Fortress One 3D bridge

B.Flat

17 hours ago, B.Flat said:

Can anyone tell me what material the 3D bridge on a '95 Warwaick Fortress One would be made of ?

Was it alloy or brass or what ?

Can´t be shure about your`s , but both my 93 thumb Bo and the 96 streamer BO, had the alloy version. Anyway, you can tell one from another by the casting marks of the alloy version. 

image.png

4 hours ago, A.G.E.N.T.E. said:

Can´t be shure about your`s , but both my 93 thumb Bo and the 96 streamer BO, had the alloy version. Anyway, you can tell one from another by the casting marks of the alloy version. 

Thank you, that answers it, I have those marks so it must be cast. The only thing that made me query was its weight. On the Warwick site the brass version is shown to weigh 0.15Kgs, and mine just the bridge, without the base plate, weighs 0.156kgs. Must be a heavy alloy !

1 hour ago, B.Flat said:

Thank you, that answers it, I have those marks so it must be cast. The only thing that made me query was its weight. On the Warwick site the brass version is shown to weigh 0.15Kgs, and mine just the bridge, without the base plate, weighs 0.156kgs. Must be a heavy alloy !

Even the alloy are very heavy bridges  . A 5 string bridge, plate and screws included, should weights about 380g, while the brass one should be arround 650g

• 1 month later...