Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Bass Culture

Etienne

I bought a pair of Aguilar GS112's from Mark last Wednesday evening, and am very pleased with them so far!

We spent a good few hours chatting away, and indulged in a mini gear-fest before doing the deal (I brought my Nordstrand-loaded US Jazz and Squier JV P-Bass along, whilst Mark owns a lovely Overwater fretted 4 and a gorgeous custom fretless 4!)- We both agreed that the combination of my GB Shuttle 6.0 with the Aggies made for one killer compact rig!

Mark was a very hospitable seller, and it was an absolute pleasure to meet him, his wife, and their cat! :)

Edited by Etienne

I bought my Markbass SA450 from Mark yesterday and I have to agree, he is an incredibly nice guy and a pleasure to deal with.

I took my Sterling and one of my Aguilar GS112 cabs with me because Etienne had been earlier in the week and relieved Mark of his. Mark was helpful with carrying my gear and turned what could have been a simple two minute monetary transaction into a very enjoyable afternoon of bass playing and footy chat.

He's also a very good bassist.

I'm sorry Mark, but the Sterling is not for sale - and I don't recall seeing a cat. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I spent a thoroughly enjoyable half hour with Mark (Bass Culture) yesterday morning as we conducted a bit of business re: a TE head. What can I say - an absolute gent and the easiest and most pleasant of sales. Mark even took his Saturday morning to come over and collect the amp and listen to my pointless drivel. The reminiscences left me misty-eyed - I'm now looking up some of the bands we discussed and feeling a warm glow.

Back to the point - Mark could not have been more helpful and accommodating - his prompt action and friendly communications ensured an entirely hassle free and enjoyable deal. I would have no hesitation in recommending him wholeheartedly to any and all in Basschat and beyond. Thanks Mark - a brilliant deal and great to have a chance to talk.

In reply to which I direct other BC-ers to Lozbass's (Lawrence's) own feedback section, where you will find many of the same sentiments.

I love BC for the fact I've never had a bad deal and have met some genuinely interesting and pleasant people. Long may it continue.

Loz, first Pork Dukes single was 'Bend and Flush' if memory serves. I'm sure there was some obscure label out there which you could find the first album on fairly recently. My brother brought back a few copies when it was first released. Lurid pink vinyl it was pressed up in! Urrgghh!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mark just bought my Warwick gig bag and the whole deal was an absolute pleasure. Mark is super friendly, prompt and he would be someone I would not hesitate in doing business with again. A top man. Thanks mate and catch you soon.

Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I sold my Zoot fretless to Mark recently, on a part installment payment deal. Mark was great with communications, always staying in touch and putting my mind completely at ease, something which I really valued as I was taking payment in two installments. Overall a real gent, and one who I would recommend others do business with. It has been great, thanks again!

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought Mark's Deluxe Jazz in a whirlwind deal... he was kind enough to send me the bass [i]before I had actually paid for it[/i], which was very nice of him as he doesn't know me from Adam! PorcelFarce tried their best to spoil everyone's day with typical shenanigans, but it turned up safe and sound and I'm very pleased with it. NBD incoming! :)

Needless to say, Mark is a great guy, a superlative BassChatter, a thoughtful seller and a great communicator - you can certainly deal with him in total confidence. Recommended! Thanks, Mark! :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by discreet

Mark got in touch about improving/upgrading the controls & circuit in a Overwood Tanglewater P/J. Excellent communications & after a few Q's & A's settled on a stacked knob replacement plate, which I hear he's very pleased with :D

Great guy to deal with, a pleasure in fact, deal with confidence.

Cheerz, John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...