Why become a member? ×

UGLY!!!

TheGreek

59 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

No more so than any other single cut "Foldera" style bass, where for some inexplicable reason they feel the need to build the top half of the body half way along the fretboard. They're all as ugly as sin. Beauty is of course, in the eye of the beholder so opinions vary. I personally find Fender P basses extremely ugly, whereas many other drool over them. 

OK, just to be contrary, I normally HATE singlecut basses but actually I rather like this one.

He's embraced the whale shape and made it a feature, rather than an unfortunate bi-product.

I'd never play it, simply because all that extra wood means that the bass is (IMHO) at least a pound or two heavier than it needs to be, but aesthetically I think it has something.

It does look like someone found The Ugly Stick and made a bass out of it.

Although in fairness, it looks like one of these wonky, lumpy things knocked up in the shed by an enthusiastic amateur with no grasp of aesthetics or proportion.

It lacks any of the wilful, mismatched, freaky wrongness of something like this misbegotten abomination.

On 17/09/2020 at 11:56, Bassassin said:

It lacks any of the wilful, mismatched, freaky wrongness of something like this misbegotten abomination.

Bizarrely enough, I've actually played that Marleaux and it's genuinely delightful to play.

It was also bloody expensive, but I'd be happy enough to have it in my collection.

Because it really is. Sorry, but your statement about the Skjold is the same. If I compare both basses aesthetically speaking, yours is uglier than the Skjold, but both are ugly.

I'm not talking about ergonomics or sound at all, only aesthetics which is linked to the look of it...

Don't worry, I still like you as a human being. 😊 

Like almost any BassChat member.

Now, let me show you one of the most beautiful bass to my eyes, so you'll have something to argue about. 😉 

8ebf27a29f9a563f1cbea88762e0c9dc.png.7880adcaac4371c3c9180643026414f8.png

17 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Because it really is. Sorry, but your statement about the Skjold is the same. If I compare both basses aesthetically speaking, yours is uglier than the Skjold, but both are ugly.

I'm not talking about ergonomics or sound at all, only aesthetics which is linked to the look of it...

Don't worry, I still like you as a human being. 😊 

Like almost any BassChat member.

Now, let me show you one of the most beautiful bass to my eyes, so you'll have something to argue about. 😉 

8ebf27a29f9a563f1cbea88762e0c9dc.png.7880adcaac4371c3c9180643026414f8.png

Isn’t that just @TheGreeks bass before it got left in the sun and melted a bit?

• Haha 2