Why become a member? ×

Dancing and playing...can you do it?

redbandit599

I naturally tend to jig about a bit as I enjoy the music we play. After one gig I was told, "You've got all the Bruce Foxton moves going on", to which I'd still argue, if I could be bothered, that I haven't, but I can't, so I'll take it. 

I've even been known to bust out a bit of Northern Soul shuffling when we get to that part of the set. 

The jury's still out on whether it looks cool or just looks like I'm in dire need of a pee though. 

• Like 1

The OP reminded me of a NYE gig that I did out UAE. Bruno had just dropped and was pretty hot... and so naturally, the band I was in decided we should follow suit and learn the moves etc. So we did.

At the end of the gig, this guy comes up to me and says, "You know what son, when I closed my eyes, I could have sworn with groove like that, the bass player was a brother. Then I saw you dance. Yeah man, you white." - Turned out he was the Mayor of Dallas(? - it was something like that) and one of the funniest, most charming guys I've met. Had us in stitches - and he even went back to his room to fetch one of his prize football shirts to give to the singer as a sign of his appreciation.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

She has to - because she has to have enough visual appeal for both of them. Man, that guitarist is boring.

Not  exactly dance inspiring grooves...

Nice big stage though, I've only had a big space a few times myself and have taken the opportunity to indulge a few Steve Harris 'running about' fantasies, plus a bit of skipping.  Dog and Duck Dancing is a different technique 😁

The size of the places my band play on, if I did dance I'd have relic'd my bass by the end of the song.

If you want to see somebody dance, do the splits and lick their bass, go and watch an 80's hair metal vid... 😁

Edited by odysseus
  • Like 1