Why become a member? ×

Uk to Canada - Amp voltage??

Abominathan

Hey all, 

Moving to Canda in a few months and wondering what to do about my amp. I've got a Mark Bass Little Mark III and matching 1x15 cab. Would love to keep them but a few people have advised to just get rid as the voltage difference means to covert is a big heachache. Anyone with experience have any views??

Attached some photos below of specs. Don't know why they're blurry - too much coffee maybe.

Ta! 

IMG_20200914_134928.jpg

IMG_20200914_134948.jpg

Edited by Abominathan
clarity

Looks to me that your amp is UK 240-volt only so could only be used in Canada with a step-up transformer however these can be quite heavy.  Probably best to sell and either buy a new one over there or one in the UK with a universal power supply.

Edited by obbm
  • Confused 1

Apparently, Canada is 120v (sometimes marked as 110v; it matters not...). No, that amp won't work there, unless you invest in a 'step-up' transformer. That would need to be able to handle the power draw (over 500w, to have some margin...), so would be rather cumbersome. I'd suggest selling the amp and buying another once settled over there. Hope this helps. :friends:

Edited by Dad3353
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Apparently, Canada is 120v (sometimes marked as 110v; it matters not...). No, that amp won't work there, unless you invest in a 'step-up' transformer. That would need to be able to handle the power draw (over 500w, to have some margin...), so would be rather cumbersome. I'd suggest selling the amp and buying another once settled over there. Hope this helps. :friends:

Very helpful both! Thank you!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Yup, Canada is definitely 120V.