Why become a member? ×

SOLD Broken upright free to good home - on hold
£1
East Yorkshire

ok, here it is.  about a year ago I was treated to the phrase "which part of: there is no way we are having a double bass in in this house - did you not understand?"  I had told her it was a quarter size.  She thought it was going to be the size of a largish viola.  But we all know DB sizes don't work like that.  Anyway, after a couple of gigs where I really got on with it and some recordings I had a mishap.  One night a loft hatch door was blown off and pushed it off the stand.  The resulting damage was the neck came off the body.  I'm of a mind to fix it but now can't be bothered.  I'll have to borrow my son's sash cramps.

About the bass (yeah Megan)

• I've no idea of it's make, age or materials used
  • I bought it from Pamela's musical instruments for £350 about 15 months ago.
  • I comes wit bag and stand
  • The post needs re-positioning

Pictures are below nb the bridge is not glued onto the neck pocket.  So, if you feel that you would like a bit of DIY (not that type) or perhaps want to call that bloke Nick whatever his name is off DIY SOS then you can have the lot for free.   Otherwise, as our Gamba player said - let's see how brightly it burns.   Now I know that it's going to be a pain to send it by post so if you pay my fuel and can drive within 100 miles of Hull 🤮 then I will meet up with you

20200913_102449.jpg

20200913_102440.jpg

20200913_102405.jpg

20200913_102326.jpg

20200913_102310.jpg

20200913_102301.jpg

Edited by probonopublico
Sold
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2