Why become a member? ×

Your Favorite Most Played Bass

Lever4Ever

My old S9 Precision I have had since 1999. It doesn't get gigged much now as the lacquer on the neck is starting to come off.  

The pickguard was cut into two by a previous owner  because the jack socket was apparently 'dodgy' and needed to be accessed regularly. Funnily enough, I re-soldered the jack when I was 14 and the jack has been in perfect working order for the last 20 years...

Definitely the most played, but the Sadowsky Metro is catching up as it has been my main gigging bass since 2010. 

If I had to sell all my basses, this would be the last one to go. 

7427C686-B0CB-4EF0-A32D-FC0968418C77.thumb.jpeg.fa5372b0d30757d5194c27859167f337.jpeg

• Like 1

Ever since I got this Spector NS-5XL in early 2017 this is the bass that I use the most for practice, write and record with. I do have and enjoy a selection of other basses  but this is the alpha and the omega. Sounds cristal clear and full of richness and plays exquisite. I never take it to gigs as most of what I do is quite intense and would not want to put a dent on it or risking loosing it.   

390421_2387630981177_1562900510_32383213_149270971_n.jpg.5745c0c90d60f1842731a7cd0fe0f480.jpg

This is the 2nd most played as I take it to every rehearsals and gigs. I can't semm to find a pic of the bass only so an actions shot for the time being.

A Spector Euro435 (35" 4 string)

DSC_1557.thumb.jpg.c8af5cc861f95fcafb498a513418fa4f.jpg

• Like 2

I've had a few over the years and have sold some beauts to pay bills in the real world etc! 

Of my modest collection now.... that includes a fender P, music man stingray 5, sandberg basic 5.... My go to bass, for several years now is my Ibanez ATK... Very versatile, does the job regardless of venues with shite acoustics....(it's very adjustable on the fly) 🙂

FB_IMG_1585810419310.jpg

Always been a P bass man. My main squeeze for years was a MIJ Fender PB70, then a 1978 Tokai Hardpuncher.  Always had a back up bass tho that i would switch in and out.....until i got this - a MIM 50’s classic. Since then NOTHING else gets picked up.  All ive done to it is my usual P bass mods - pribora pups and my fave flatwounds. Stunning bass to play 👌

7B0F1D2F-A08C-43EF-A783-7022E2ED1ECF.jpeg

• Like 2

My main 28,6" scale 4 string Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass (I do own a regular 34" scale 4 string Aria Pro II Laser Electric Classic, which used to be my main, an Ibanez 5 string GSRM25 Mikro Bass, both great basses, especially the Aria Pro II, and an extraordinarily crappy 30" scale vintage Egmond bass from the late 60's, too).

Currently strung up with a gauge .095 D'Addario NYXL bass string and 3 D'Addario NYXL guitar strings (threaded through the cut off ball ends of bass strings, to not fall through the bridge string holes) of the gauges .070 - .053 - .038, and tuned G1 - C2 - F2 - A#2, 3 half steps above regular 4 string E standard bass tuning, 2 half steps bellow A standard baritone guitar tuning, or simply G standard tuning, and played through an always on TC Electronic Sub'N'Up octaver, blending in an 1 octave above signal with the regular bass signal, giving an effect similar to playing an 8 string "octave" bass, with pairs of respectively bass and octave strings.

And this is how this beautiful, lowly, but very much beloved, abomination looks (mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, a failed, and then later filled out (though not quite unanimously successfully either), attempt to drill (image.gif.7e3aa3ddca8a21f68ee55206cebd486a.gif:facepalm:) an extra far neck pickup cavity, various visual mods, a DiMarzio Model P P pickup wired directly to the output jack socket of the bass, and the J pickup from the previously installed EMG Geezer Butler P/J pickup set still there, though disconnected and lowered considerably) :

experiment-bass-666-copy-small.jpg
Edited by Baloney Balderdash