Why become a member? ×

Scott's Bass Lessons - enough already!

petecarlton

45 minutes ago, scalpy said:

In a podcast with Jayme Lewis Scott says he has a team of 25. Much as the emails and FB presence can get wearing fair play to the bass player that generates that kind of industry from bass tutoring. 

I started listening to this today and of the two I found Scott much easier to listen to. Too many interruptions from Jayme, let the man speak!

On 16/09/2020 at 20:53, FDC484950 said:

You young’uns don’t know a good thing when you see it. When I started, tuition consisted of some crap books, ropey VHS videos, deciphering stuff off records/tapes and, if you were very lucky, your local teacher was half decent. It’s paid for and I don’t subscribe as I’m good as I want to be, but i would have killed for such a resource (and others online) when I was starting out. 

At the risk of sounding like Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen sketch. when I started there weren't even video tapes and I learned to play by picking up the record players arm and moving it back 1/4".

Even cassette players weren't yet a thing.

Kids nowadays don't know they're born!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Opticaleye said:

At the risk of sounding like Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen sketch. when I started there weren't even video tapes and I learned to play by picking up the record players arm and moving it back 1/4".

Even cassette players weren't yet a thing.

Kids nowadays don't know they're born!

I think this point was made in a previous page although you’re right to point out the breadth of reference and instructional material.
I’ve unsubscribed because I found him very intrusive