Why become a member? ×

FS Kramer 450b £750 ONO
£750
London

Abominathan

Moving abroad and reluctantly selling this Kramer 450B. In good condiction - missing surrounds on pickups (pretty common as they were so delicate.  All in good working order. Has a few very minor dings unerneath the pots, and some very minor scratches on the back. I have a basic hardcase that I will supply to whoever buys - not the original one though.  Selling for £750 ONO.

Seial number 21741 - Made in USA

Would prefer local collection (south East London - Forest Hill Area) but could courier. 

In terms of specs - probably best to look here: http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm 

Some photos below and more photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RHb5GvvD8vUXBb5k6

IMG_20200912_103831.jpg

IMG_20200912_103854.jpg

IMG_20200912_103748.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Vintageguitar.com says "The 450B’s block-shaped markers started at the first fret. The company’s catalog noted the “tropical imported body woods,” including Shedua, Bubinga, Afrormosia, and Swetenia, and that the 450B weighed approximately 10 pounds."

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clarky said:

Vintageguitar.com says "The 450B’s block-shaped markers started at the first fret. The company’s catalog noted the “tropical imported body woods,” including Shedua, Bubinga, Afrormosia, and Swetenia, and that the 450B weighed approximately 10 pounds."

I think at the start of Kramer production Koa was used for the bodies (as with Travis Beans),  but they soon switched to using maple and American black walnut (the 450B being walnut; also it didn't have block shaped markers).   I have a 650B and 450B and don't find them unduly heavy.

Lovely example in the OP and a good price, GLWTS! :i-m_so_happy:

On 25/09/2020 at 09:33, Shaggy said:

I think at the start of Kramer production Koa was used for the bodies (as with Travis Beans),  but they soon switched to using maple and American black walnut (the 450B being walnut; also it didn't have block shaped markers).   I have a 650B and 450B and don't find them unduly heavy.

Lovely example in the OP and a good price, GLWTS! :i-m_so_happy:

Yeah. Prior to buying this a few people mentioned to me that it might be too heavy or have balance issues. I never had balance issues and I actually don't think it's that heavy at all IMO (does sound heavy). My main bass is a shergold modulator.... now that's heavy.  

Edited by Abominathan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...