Why become a member? ×

The £60 eBay 5 String!

Moos3h

Okay, so not quite £60. It was up for £110 delivered from cash convertors (a seller I often follow) and I had a £50 voucher.

To say it was minging was an understatement. Covid would have been the least dangerous thing lurking on the fretboard of this bad boy.

Took the sander to it and hit it with some Danish oil. A new set of tuners and and strings are we are in business.

Sounds phenomenal!

Check out the before and after pics! Hopefully you'll be able to work out which is which!

Screenshot_20200912-132925.png

IMG_20200912_132950791_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200912_132944701_HDR.jpg

Edited by Moos3h
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, mcnach said:

that looks really nice, what is it?

An Aria IGB something or other! The preamp is excellent...very powerful and tweakable. The new Wilkinson machine heads do the job but are a bit 'creaky' so will try some goop on them to loosen them up a bit.

• Thanks 1

I used to have one of these, but definitely a "bass of two halves" for me. One good, one not so good.

I really loved the sound of the MM p/up soloed. Downside for me was the balance - definitely neck heavy, even with lightweight tuners. The top horn being extended would have helped with that. Apart from that, it's a good bass, and you got that for a steal!

On 13/09/2020 at 20:54, louisthebass said:

I used to have one of these, but definitely a "bass of two halves" for me. One good, one not so good.

I really loved the sound of the MM p/up soloed. Downside for me was the balance - definitely neck heavy, even with lightweight tuners. The top horn being extended would have helped with that. Apart from that, it's a good bass, and you got that for a steal!

Well, on a second hand bargain like this, i would put a new strap button offset. A lot of makers do it with sucess and i find this much more effective than lightweight tuners.