Why become a member? ×

The Police, Certifiable, live 2007.

spectoremg

Awesome stuff. Stewart Copeland especially is absolutely monstrous on drums during the footage - playing with the energy of someone half his age. For me it's better than the 2007 Led Zeppelin reunion gig. They play some cool album tracks too in addition to the hits. I've always found a lot of their biggest hits to be their worst songs (De do do do). I'd have loved to have seen some of the lesser known album tracks played live on this film though (eg: Bring on the Night, Omega Man).

Edited by EdLib-3
Typo

5 minutes ago, EdLib-3 said:

Awesome stuff. Stewart Copeland especially is absolutely monstrous on drums during the footage - playing with the energy of someone half his age. For me it's better than the 2007 Led Zeppelin reunion gig. They play some cool album tracks too in addition to the hits. I've always found a lot of their biggest hits to be their worst songs (De do do do). I'd have loved to have heard seen of the lesser known album tracks played live on this film though (eg: Bring on the Night, Omega Man).

Three big reunions happened that year; Genesis, Led Zeppelin and these guys. IMO they all did a great job. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wombatboter said:

Saw them in Belgium and sorry but it was terrible..regretted buying a ticket.

Summers playing sounded so ordinary all of a sudden, Copeland was on a solo-trip during the gig and half way the set Sting made a sign across his throat that his voice was gone..No chemistry whatsoever..

Just goes to show even the greats can have a duff gig...😂

Saw them twice on the reunion tour: Wembley Arena, seated - bit boring; Vienna, standing near the front, brilliant.

Also, top prize winner for "fewest notes played on a Moog Taurus I".

Also also, the Certifiable DVD/Blu-ray is amazing for picture and sound quality.

Edited by toneknob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jezzaboy said:

I`m going to be the party pooper here. I can`t stand Mr Copeland. I much prefer it when Sting does police songs with Josh Freese on the drums. :ph34r:

Afraid I’m with you on this as well. SC is obviously a technically gifted drummer, and also seems like a great bloke too after watching him on the recent drum documentary on the Beeb. But his playing just annoys the sh*t out of me! Never lets up or grooves , just filling every gap constantly. I know this is often the case with a 3 piece, but for me he just over eggs it a bit too much and becomes irritating after a while. 

• Like 1