Why become a member? ×

Any got an F bass?

Barking Spiders

3 hours ago, OliverBlackman said:

I thought it was this one. 

image.jpeg.e37070afa10c24d2f3b60b433c23eda0.jpeg

I don’t think that’s the one I played, although my memory (other than that I really didn’t like it) is hazy. I’m pretty sure the one I played was a 4. Maybe it wasn’t his, just someone said it was. 

I had a BN4. I thought it was stunning - refined but flexible tone, great playability. I had to sell it to raise some money but had seller's regret and tried to buy it back.  Sadly the new owner wasn't interested :(

I would have another in a heart beat. 

• Like 1

I’ve been in a position to afford one plenty of times...not today, granted...

Never wanted one. No real problem with them, just not on my list - like Ritter basses.

I’m in the 1% too.

Actually, that entire comment is an odd assumptive clause of nonsense. 😉

But - we get it, you like them, and fair play to you for that.

• Like 1

I’ve tried a few F-basses over the years. I get both points of view. I played one fiver many years, not sure but I think it was ex Julian Crampton. I think it was cherry sunburst with maple board, and well road-worn. Far and away the best bass I’ve ever played, and wish I’d bought it. I also played a BN-6 which was very heavy and dull as ditchwater (not dead strings, they were new DRs), so like many bespoke high-end basses they seem to be quite variable. I do like the design and shape and the BN-5 felt very comfortable to play to me.

On 15/09/2020 at 19:04, FDC484950 said:

I’ve tried a few F-basses over the years. I get both points of view. I played one fiver many years, not sure but I think it was ex Julian Crampton. I think it was cherry sunburst with maple board, and well road-worn. Far and away the best bass I’ve ever played, and wish I’d bought it. I also played a BN-6 which was very heavy and dull as ditchwater (not dead strings, they were new DRs), so like many bespoke high-end basses they seem to be quite variable. I do like the design and shape and the BN-5 felt very comfortable to play to me.

.It was.. He recorded this record/album with it. 

Edited by bubinga5