Why become a member? ×

I.D. - Whose logo is it anyway?

kingforaday

27 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

A palindrome is spelt/read the same backwards and forwards!!! That's what the word palindrome specifically means! This logo is not spelt or read the same backwards as forwards. But it is an ambigram. Take your correction, God knows you like to dish out corrections enough! 

This man speaks the truth.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, itu said:

A bit like Musima, but the Phillips screws are too modern.

Having seen the pics - @itu nailed it, it's a Musima! So, early/mid 80s, pre-unification East Germany. A slightly more interesting/cool P copy than I expected.

Seen loads of these either unbranded or rebranded, but never seen one with a Musima logo before. Would have saved a bit of time & head-scratching if I had!

Musima_owners_manual.jpg

Still have no idea why the Musima logo reads "WL" though... ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yonni said:

It looks like the model is called an Action bass. There’s one in reverb for £211

Musima Action Bass

Yeah, I saw that, it was on sale locally to me... £40... with an amp. I messaged and about 3 days later I chased again, “sorry I’ve had lots of interest... you’re nowhere near first in line” - of course. Ah well, it was an interesting little mystery