Why become a member? ×

NBD - Ibanez SRH505 DEF

Mikey D

New to me but used bass day. This is a 2017 ibanez SRH505 which I part of their ongoing bass workshop output.

Bought from Bass Direct and when I saw it I knew I had to have it.

Currently strung B-G (I prefer E-C typicaliy) with some kind of flats which I’m not usually a fan of either but will keep like this for a while.

Bit of an Ibanez fanboy - with this and a recent spur of the moment TMB35 short scale purchase I couldn’t be happier with the quality and range of sounds available in each instrument and overall. I’ve never been one to have a ‘collection’ but nice to have the choice between some different sounds and feels of bass  

Slightly heavier than I expected but still light. Love the body width and the 2 cutaways on heel and front body for form arm-makes it very comfortable to play.

https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/detail/srh505_03.html

I’ll try and do a video or recording when I get a chance  

Anyone else got one of these?

60F7D5B6-B05A-493A-A05E-B0A2CBC62D89.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

..Then again... i think he's got one of everybloodything... 😉

What? Who me? A gear whore? NEVER!

Although when you reflect on all the things I don't have which make it possible for me to surround the howling emptiness of my miserable life with endless bits of bass gear, it doesn't seem such a wonderful thing.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Nice... 3 underneath, bit different... and kinda expectant to go hi C?

I'm a big fan of the 2 over 3 layout, just aesthetically much prefer it. And almost definitely will end up with high C.

Still haven't found my favourite E-C string set yet though.  Warwick black labels on some and Foderas on others.

6 minutes ago, Storky said:

Had one just like it. Very nice bass, light, very comfortable and well balanced. I love the aesthetic. I wouldn’t rule out having another especially if I could change the piezo system for a different one.

Interesting. What didn't you like about the PUP?

1 hour ago, Storky said:

Unfortunately I always found it to have a bit of a “nasal” tone. I had the fretted version.

Only used mine in anger once (and that was a rehearsal in a small room so not really in anger even then) and I liked what I got from it, but I did have to roll the tone all the way back on the bass and kill the treble on the amp! Sounded OK once I'd done that though. Using flats and through a RM500 and 2 12s.