Why become a member? ×

Nail clippers

yonni

This maybe an odd question, but...

I like to keep the nails on both hands really short as I guess most of you do too. All the nail clippers I get from Boots or the supermarket go blunt really quickly and I gave to replace them. Any recommendations for where I can find decent clippers that’ll last?

For years I have used the scissors on my mini Swiss Army knife rather than clippers.  I find I can use them with my left hand as well as my right.  It lives on my key ring so always available.....

Edited by Baxlin
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, yonni said:

Whenever I use scissors I always cut too short and end up with sore fingers. I really need clippers but thanks for replying. Interesting that you all use Swiss Army knives. Is the a trade secret?

It's certainly why the Swiss Army have such lovely well-trimmed nails.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

These are by far the best, I work for the Nhs and got a small pair off one of the podiatrists for my fingernails, they cut really clean, and stay sharp 

630FCA08-F8AC-45C9-B950-860C4D426DF7.jpeg

I’ve seen these on Amazon and was wondering about them. Good tip, thanks. I’ve just left the NHS myself after 8 years.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2020 at 19:29, Reggaebass said:

These are by far the best, I work for the Nhs and got a small pair off one of the podiatrists for my fingernails, they cut really clean, and stay sharp 

630FCA08-F8AC-45C9-B950-860C4D426DF7.jpeg

Do you have the make? They are like side cutters but some are £5 and useless, my Lindstroms are 40 years old and still sharp.

• Like 1