Why become a member? ×

The Hurdy-Gurdy ... who knew?

Happy Jack

My friend repairs old instruments so I got a good look at his friends hurdy gurdy. Then when his friend was round we got a demo of it. i find it totally fascinating how it works and horribly irritating after one song!

He is in a group with the guy and they use it for a few. Can't say I am a fan of that pony's trick!

22 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Hurdy Gurdy ?

Maaaaaaan.....

Ahhhhh ... happy daze.

When I saw him do this at The Rainbow I have no recollection of any actual hurdy-gurdys being on stage at the time.

Mind you, in truth (and for full disclosure) I'm not entirely sure that I could even remember my name that night. Like ... wow, I mean ... like ... far out, man ...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Ahhhhh ... happy daze.

When I saw him do this at The Rainbow I have no recollection of any actual hurdy-gurdys being on stage at the time.

Mind you, in truth (and for full disclosure) I'm not entirely sure that I could even remember my name that night. Like ... wow, I mean ... like ... far out, man ...

Another unforgettable night you can't remember ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bizarrely, my clearest memory of the whole evening is coming back home on the (then still quite new) Victoria Line. One of my very stoned friends, a huge guy 6'6" tall and built like a brick proverbial, was strap-hanging when the bloody strap just broke, leaving him sitting on the floor holding the 'bulb' end and the whole carriage in hysterics.

• Haha 1

A chum of mine (who is into wilfully quirky music) got a basic hurdy gurdy made for him (before people like a Robert Plant made it “cool”). He was showing it off to me and some chums when one of the others said, “Cool Tim. You’ve just spent 500 quid so you can sound exactly like a 50 quid monophonic synth. Nice!”

• Haha 2