Why become a member? ×

happy bassing!!

Ambassient

hello all!!  my name is Todd and I am a jazz (standards and modern) player.   I started playing bass on fretless four years ago and only play them.    My main bass is a Fender fretless jazz bass.   I run it through a Darkglass hyper luminal compressor into a Darkglass Microtubes B7K ultra v2.   i put them through an Ampeg BA115.   it's a simple set up, but works really well for me.   I am on disability so i play a lot.   

Edited by Ambassient

I knew listening to Jazz was a bit odd... but didnt know that it was now considered a recognised disability... 😉 Nice...

It's not, but that's funny.   I have a serious mental illness and bass has become my refuge.   I can be having the worst of symptoms and when i go in and play, it almost all disappears.   

• Like 4

Welcome Todd,

1 hour ago, Ambassient said:

bass has become my refuge.   I can be having the worst of symptoms and when i go in and play, it almost all disappears.   

I don't think you'll find that's a unique sentiment around these parts, playing music (especially with others) certainly does wonders for my mental health.

Enjoy your music and your time here on the forum.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ambassient said:

hello all!!  my name is Todd and I am a jazz (standards and modern) player.   I started playing bass on fretless four years ago and only play them.    My main bass is a Fender fretless jazz bass.   I run it through a Darkglass hyper luminal compressor into a Darkglass Microtubes B7K ultra v2.   i put them through an Ampeg BA115.   it's a simple set up, but works really well for me.   I am on disability so i play a lot.   

What sort of stuff (modern) do you play? I really like fusion but I’ve only ever played rock, pop and Motown type stuff. I don’t own a fretless but I’ve been thinking about it recently. like you, I’ve been playing 4 years but with young kids etc. I don’t get as much practice time as I’d  like.

• 2 weeks later...