Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Vintage Tony Butler Precision
£115
Hemel Hempstead

Lozz196

Now Sold

One Vintage Tony Butler Signature Precision, which I’ve had a refin to Olympic (cheesecake) white, also has a KiOgon wiring loom and Hipshot 3-way string tree/retainer.

In interests of being completely honest the truss rod is maxed and a pic as below shows how this affects the action. I’m sure this is an easy job for the competent, but that’s not me so I’ve never done it, besides it was a backup to get me out of trouble if needed.

Still plays fine and sounds great, when I got it I thought I’d have to swap pickups but no way, the Wilkinson ones in there are more than up to the job. No gig bag or case, so collection/meet up only.

9A9743DE-C91A-4ABF-895A-652544199C14.jpeg

CB295E2F-2A45-45F6-99CF-D9929B384293.jpeg

B3BC2284-8818-44E4-BD8F-27A4460B757F.jpeg

FA08CC7D-0EEF-40F3-B97F-0B051DAE7D66.jpeg

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

If the truss rod issue worries anybody the cheap fix is to remove the hex and put 2 or 3 small washers on the rod not ideal but will allow it to be tightend more and will give you a cheap and very reliable bass for not much money 

Useful info for someone, I'm sure @Thunderbird - thanks for sharing :)

Not played that model, but they look as though they're decent enough.
Nice job on the refin too btw @Lozz196

17 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

They are great basses I might get stoned for saying this but I think they beat a lot of Squiers hands down 

I still gig the one I bought from you from you five or so years ago Paul - easily a match for anyone else's "reasonably priced" P-bass copy.

On 08/09/2020 at 13:51, Thunderbird said:

If the truss rod issue worries anybody the cheap fix is to remove the hex and put 2 or 3 small washers on the rod not ideal but will allow it to be tightend more and will give you a cheap and very reliable bass for not much money 

My 1st thought when I saw the note too.