Why become a member? ×

So how are those penned off gigs working out?

EBS_freak

Sad but true, but it’s also based upon respect for authority and discipline, to which there’s pretty much none around nowadays as nothing will be done to either the participants or organisers, so they “do what they wanna”. Put that many motorists together however....,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Sad but true, but it’s also based upon respect for authority and discipline, to which there’s pretty much none around nowadays as nothing will be done to either the participants or organisers, so they “do what they wanna”. Put that many motorists together however....,

Indeed.

Will be watching how this one pans out.This venue has quite a bit planned in its calendar.

Hardwick Hall need a good slapping - look at all this nonsense -

image.thumb.png.6359924c9d284e38e9395b105dd8649a.png

They can not possibly manage that many people as clearly shown in the video. The FULLY TRAINED STEWARDS are clearly ineffective. I'm all for getting gigging back on it's feet - but this does not do anything to help the cause.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

There's a girl in red and face mask, on the left in the video, who, in looking around, takes her coat and hurries away. She may survive. :|

I saw her and can hazard a guess what is going on. What I think we are seeing, is the the girl in the coat having got in early on the ticket front, securing ring side seats to get as close to the experience as possible.

Gabrielle gets to the last song, you know, that Dreams one hit wonder thing that she dines out on - and all social distancing goes out the window. "Ah well, doesn't matter if we get chucked out now, we've seen the show now" mentality probably kicking in with all the meatheads on the front row and aisles (outside the gated areas).

Complete f***wits.

Edited by EBS_freak

49 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

Covid is clearly a hoax. The economy is more important than some old people dying. We all need to get back to work and carry on as normal. 

It's customary to indicate attempted humour, including satire, sarcasm and/or scepticism with an appropriate Smiley. Personally, in these circumstances, I usually use ':|'. Other Smileys are available. -_-

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

It's customary to indicate attempted humour, including satire, sarcasm and/or scepticism with an appropriate Smiley. Personally, in these circumstances, I usually use ':|'. Other Smileys are available. -_-

Some people will fully agree with my statement but will never admit that. The punters at that gig would agree with it.

I didn't use a smiley because I'm making a point - I have had Covid and know how bad it is. I spent three days in the hospital because of it. It angers me that people assume that Covid doesn't exist or it's only killing old people or that we just need to get on with things.

It's clearly still out there and precautions are in place for a reason. No wonder the term 'Covidiot' is being used every day now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Hardwick Hall need a good slapping - look at all this nonsense -

They can not possibly manage that many people as clearly shown in the video. The FULLY TRAINED STEWARDS are clearly ineffective. I'm all for getting gigging back on it's feet - but this does not do anything to help the cause.

Agreed 100%. Things like this will lead to a crackdown and then we will all be back at square bloody one.

Idiotic. Selfish and stupid.

More and more all I see is people between 15-25 who are out and about just not giving a toss about anything. This video doesnt change my mind.

The venue / organisers clearly couldnt control the crowd (who weren't even rowdy) or worse, protect those in the crowd who didnt want to be surrounded by these people.

Shut them down until they learn. Or fine the organisers heavily. Very heavily.

We cant even practice up here, never mind work, and then we see things like that..... how is it fair if they get to carry on and coin in the money.

Edited by la bam

I booked a ticket for a live stream from America of a Tower of Power/Los Lobos gig last night.

It was organised by a c company who advertise it as "Concerts In Your Car" and was held at Ventura State Fare site in California. So the idea is set a stage up in the huge car park. Cars are parked a sensible distance from each other. You pay "per car" and can set up Gazebos, bring your own drinks etc. There are huge Diamond Vision screens on each side of the stage and it seemed to work perfectly.

From my point of view I didn't have to get ready to go out, (watched in my pj's), queue to get in and be frisked, queue at the bar etc. etc. and from that point it was awesome. What was obviously missing was actually being able to be in the auditorium and see the artists. The stream itself was brilliant and what it lacked in artistic content it made up in being in and among the band.

Is it a solution until some sort of normality returns? Possibly, TOP did 2 performances so the crowd was refreshed after the first one and the streaming aspect must work as CIC have more planned.

Here's a bit of video that someone from TOP's entourage shot which shows the setup and security on patrol preventing any movement towards the stage area.

• Like 1