Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Warwick Streamer Stage II 1989 - Golden Era! Natural Oil Finish
£1550
Dudley

dyerseve

**BACK ON HOLD**

I am having a bass clear out due to moving countries very soon - everything is going except 1!

Up for sale(no trades please) is my stunning Warwick Streamer Stage II. Handbuilt in Germany in 1989 - this bass is a beautiful example from the "Golden Era" of Warwick. The wood choices on the basses are exceptional as shown in the photos. They benefit from solid brass bridges - not the cheaper and less resonant alloys used afterwards. This bass also features the very high quality Schaller machineheads. All that brass does add some weight though - the bass weighs 4.6kg / 10lbs 3oz.

This bass comes with a brand new ABS flight case to keep it safe during shipping. It is a quality case that I have used before for shipping internationally without any issues.

Everything works perfectly - the truss rod, the electronics etc. - as you would expect from a bass of this quality. The truss rod is also future-proof as it is removable and replacements are easily available from Warwick so there is no risk here!

The fretboard and frets have been cleaned - the frets have then been polished and the fretboard oiled.

The bass is currently strung with Warwick Red Label strings - this set is almost brand new.

The bass does show some signs of normal use, notably very deep thumb wear above the neck pickup. There are a couple of small marks around the body however for it's age the overall condition is excellent and this bass has clearly been used but well loved and looked after. There is the usual very light tarnish to the gold hardware, as you would expect from any used musical instrument but overall the bass is in exceptionally good cosmetic condition for it's age - there are no deep scratches and no cracks.

This bass is all original.

Here are the specs for this particular bass from the founder of Warwick, Hans Peter Wilfer:

- Bass               Streamer Stage II 4 string

Serial Number     M 451 89

Year               1989

Month             December

Number             451

Neck Wood         Wenge Wood with Afzelia Wood

Fingerboard        Wenge Wood with Mother of Pearl Ying Yang inlays

Frets              Bronce Warwick Frets  

Nut               Just a Nut Brass Version

Neck construction  NeckThrough hiddenneck construction

Body               3 pcs. solid Azelia Wood

Surface           Oil Finish / BeeWax surface

Pickups           active EMG JJ Pickups

Electronic         active MEC 2 Band Electronic

Hardware           Gold Hardware made by Schaller for Warwick

Made in Germany / 91330 Eggolsheim

It will be very well packaged and shipped in a brand new ABS flight case - the flight case will be packaged within a box.

I can ship anywhere in the world - it will be shipped with full insurance and tracking for everyone's peace of mind.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Many more detailed photos can be found here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/feJL8E2XYZCK4LcP8

20200805_112234 (2).jpg

20200805_112301.jpg

20200805_112322 (2).jpg

20200805_112354 (2).jpg

20200805_112404 (2).jpg

20200805_112836 (2).jpg

20200805_112859 (2).jpg

Edited by dyerseve
  • Like 5

• MB1 locked this topic