Why become a member? ×

WTAF. Peacock death a hoax.

Bilbo

41 minutes ago, lowdown said:

He's still alive. Reps squashed the story on his behalf sometime yesterday (unless that's a hoax).

Hoax deaths are some kind of Internet game played by Keyboard warriors when their mums have gone to Bingo.

I have a good friend who's an academic in internet/fake news and he's adamant that fake news was far more of a problem before the internet, because at least these days the clarification can move quickly. 

Oddly however, we're still occasionally hearing that Gene Wilder has just died. Go figure?

2 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Wow! 

This whole thing beggars just one question.

Who or what is Peacock? 

Gary Peacock. Keith Jarrett bass player for 30+ years. It was posted on Jack DeJohnette's page who was also in the trio and on Wikipedia. 

Edited by Bilbo

1 minute ago, Mykesbass said:

I thought they gave up after Steve.

Didn't even think of that, the political history of this country could have been changed had the better Miller Band been selected as Labour leader! 

Sounds like a Glen versus Steve shoot out is needed?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Didn't even think of that, the political history of this country could have been changed had the better Miller Band been selected as Labour leader! 

Sounds like a Glen versus Steve shoot out is needed?

Round 1 - Fly Like and Eagle vs Little Brown Jug...

1 minute ago, Mykesbass said:

Round 1 - Fly Like and Eagle vs Little Brown Jug...

A guitarist in an old band of mine, a band that I should point out was a bunch of middle-aged and middle-class blokes, refused to play The Joker on account of it being the sort of song a bunch of middle-aged and middle-class blokes would play. 

Steve Miliband gets my vote :)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beedster said:

A guitarist in an old band of mine, a band that I should point out was a bunch of middle-aged and middle-class blokes, refused to play The Joker on account of it being the sort of song a bunch of middle-aged and middle-class blokes would play. 

Steve Miliband gets my vote :)

Think he gets mine too. Played rhythm guitar for many years in a big band. The Glen Miller repertoire was so dull to play compared to Ellington, Basie, Kenton etc, but, just like Mustang Sally, the punters loved all the wrong songs!