Why become a member? ×

Werewolves of London

Beedster

I used to be in a cover band that did 'Werewolves' and the singer, who was a bit intense, had mocked up a Chinese Restuarant menu from  'Lee Ho Fooks' and when he sang those part of the lyrics picked up the Menu. I expect it was however lost on the audience and until I asked him why he had a Chinese menu on his music stand, it had been lost to me too( cos I don't listen to lyrics but basslines)!

2 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

I used to be in a cover band that did 'Werewolves' and the singer, who was a bit intense, had mocked up a Chinese Restuarant menu from  'Lee Ho Fooks' and when he sang those part of the lyrics picked up the Menu. I expect it was however lost on the audience and until I asked him why he had a Chinese menu on his music stand, it had been lost to me too( cos I don't listen to lyrics but basslines)!

Could have been worse given other lyrics in the song? 

Just now, Beedster said:

Could have been worse given other lyrics in the song? 

Dunno, as I say, I don't listen to lyrics and sometimes am genuinely amazed what they are when I see them written out. Re Werewolves, apart from the Chinese Restuarant and the chorus, I haven't a scooby about what the song is about other than the title.

Just now, yorks5stringer said:

Dunno, as I say, I don't listen to lyrics and sometimes am genuinely amazed what they are when I see them written out. Re Werewolves, apart from the Chinese Restuarant and the chorus, I haven't a scooby about what the song is about other than the title.

It's a yarn. Nothing more.

1 minute ago, yorks5stringer said:

Well he might have mutilated a little old lady or ran amuck in Kent for example :) 

fizznews.jpg.a10637f20ee2bf0935247d6174d48fb8.jpg

FizzNews sat down with Dad3353 and asked him the question we ask everyone...

What's The Top Five Things That Annoy You Most?

Ricky-Tomlinson.jpg

5. "Profanity filters with loopholes"

4. "Drummers who hit bass guitar strings with their sticks for a novelty effect. It's just degrading"

3. "Reggae because of ..."

2. "Reggae bands which over-run their set time and when you go on stage all the audience have left"

1. "Songs which use the oooh vowel sound. What's wrong with using eee or ahhh instead? If a band goes oooh I'm out the door".

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

fizznews.jpg.a10637f20ee2bf0935247d6174d48fb8.jpg

FizzNews sat down with Dad3353 and asked him the question we ask everyone...

What's The Top Five Things That Annoy You Most?

Ricky-Tomlinson.jpg

5. "Profanity filters with loopholes"

4. "Drummers who hit bass guitar strings with their sticks for a novelty effect. It's just degrading"

3. "Reggae because of ..."

2. "Reggae bands which over-run their set time and when you go on stage all the audience have left"

1. "Songs which use the oooh vowel sound. What's wrong with using eee or ahhh instead? If a band goes oooh I'm out the door".

6. "Lists of 'Top' whatever..."

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Are we allowed to post 'hamsterwheel'?

Prof filter updated but umlauts are your friend, viz: lööphöles

51 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

6. "Lists of 'Top' whatever..."

(Warily) For you, my old friend, that's an uncharacteristically 'meta' observation.

And no :| face?

And no ellipsis? What the ...

4dzb76.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, skankdelvar said:

...(Warily) For you, my old friend, that's an uncharacteristically 'meta' observation.

And no :| face?

And no ellipsis? What the ...

It was a quote from a verbal conversation; I don't, yet, (unhappily...) 'speak' :| faces. -_-. And my ellipsis are not, grammatically, absence of words or phrases, but rather either suspension points or, more commonly, just for clarity on the printed page. When spoken (in the 'John Cage' sense...), consider them as pauses for another difficult breath. :$

11 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

It was a quote from a verbal conversation; I don't, yet, (unhappily...) 'speak' :| faces. -_-. And my ellipsis are not, grammatically, absence of words or phrases, but rather either suspension points or, more commonly, just for clarity on the printed page. When spoken (in the 'John Cage' sense...), consider them as pauses for another difficult breath. :$

4dzd38.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Apparently WZ was writing the song in the dressing room, before a gig, and the drummer heard him singing the Werewolves bit and did the wolf cry. WZ added it to the song. You really wanted to know that, didn't you!!

Also I always thought Ho Lee Fook was the one in the Kings Road, Chelsea, but I might have made that up!

• Like 1

On 05/09/2020 at 08:30, KevB said:

Very easy to segue into Sweet Home Alabama and that Kid Rock song if you're feeling adventurous for a party set😉

Yep!! I find sweet home a really boring song to play tbh, not because the bass line is so simple but because it's just too long. For pub gigs medleys help keep things interesting. Please tell my band members this so they can think it's their idea and then get it on our set list 😊