Why become a member? ×

LaBella Whites!!!

paul_5

I had a set on my main gigging bass for while, loved the tone but ultimately there were too low tension for me. I've got them in a drawer and they'll probably go on my fretless P when it's finished as I play fretless with a lighter touch. 

Great sounding strings 👍

The white nylons have been my default string for fretless since they were released.  I love their tone, sustain, tension and chunky gauge (I use the standard, heavier, gauge).  The copper whites were lovely too, but they've stopped making them in extra long which I need for my fretless (strung through body, see pic below), so I am just using whites.

I also have a set of medium scales on my fretted Epiphone Masterbilt.

The black nylons are great if you want the same feel but with a darker tone.

They may be expensive but they last years, so it all evens out in the end (as long as you like them of course).

400257C6-2169-4A98-8438-4883558A898D.jpeg

A4513506-166F-48AB-BCB4-C436044CD876.jpeg

Edited by franzbassist

21 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Just put a set of these on my fretless and WOW!

I was a bit reluctant, due to the eye-watering price, but they are amazing; plenty of snap when I need it and loads of ‘heft’ down the bottom end.

Preaching to the choir, my friend ;)

I love them. They feel very different to most others due to their high compliance and the plastic coating, but oh, the sound!

Just now, BassApprentice said:

I got mine second hand on here. Always worth putting a wanted ad out since the strings aren't for everyone, someone might have some in a drawer. 

£40 at Bass Direct is probably the best price you'll get for a new set, would definitely go for the lighter guage next time I buy a set! 

Let me know when you’re ready to move them on then! 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

£40 at Bass Direct is probably the best price you'll get for a new set, would definitely go for the lighter guage next time I buy a set! 

I'll never buy so much as a single string from  BD after the shocking attitude i got from them regarding my  expensive commission sale Overwater

Guess i'll have to stump up top price  or wait for some used ones  :)

I had a set of White Gold Tapes on my Lakland 55-01 when I had it, absolutely loved them! Really loved the tension actually, didn’t sound brilliant acoustically (like that matters), but live/recorded tone was brilliant.

Si