Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Proceeds to The Big Issue: Squier Contemporary Jazz Special 5 String (only 1 in UK?) £350
£390
Essex

Risk101

Price drop ****** NEW PRICE £350 ******* to clear some space - but please remember that ALL proceeds are going to the "Big Issue" towards the homeless during the pandemic. Reduced price excludes shipping.

Hi Folks,

First off, all sale proceeds are going to be donated to the Big Issue towards their work with the homeless (evidence will be provided).

So here is a Squier Contemporary Jazz 5 string bass which I imported from USA last year. It is therefore probably unique in the UK as it was a "Sweetwater Special" (see link below) reflecting their massive buying power with Fender. It differs from the UK/European ones because it has:

- All black hardware

- Maple neck with lovely black block inlays

- Satin black body with black pickguard

So its a bit special, hence why I'm looking for £390 (in nearly new condition - no dings/scratches, just some hardly visible swirls on the pickguard) compared to the £370 odd for the much less nice UK/Europe version.  I don't have a case, but do have the original box it came in, so it could be shipped (at cost), but I'd rather collection or socially-distanced meet up. (I am in London a couple of times a week if that helps). The only negative for some will be the weight at around 11lbs. Its 34" scale with a comfortable 18mm string spacing at the bridge. Build quality is top notch and right up there with the Fender American Deluxe Jazz I used to own. Its a lot of bass for the money, and looks killer !

Full spec here: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JBassCAVHHMSB--squier-contemporary-active-jazz-bass-v-hh-sweetwater-exclusive-satin-black

PM me if you have any questions. See my positive feedback in the feedback section.

Dave

IMG_5065.jpg.684dd024e5fc3976ed593e85998b6ccb.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

Edited by Risk101
Sold
  • Like 6

Hi folks - So you have to cut and past the link into your browser. The pickups/controls are:

"The Squier Contemporary Active Jazz Bass V HH delivers vibrant J Bass tones via a pair of ceramic humbucking pickups. Voiced for punchy lows and clear, articulate highs, these pickups offer ample output. And with the addition of active electronics, you've got the potential to shape your tone for any mix. Deviating from the traditional J Bass control set, the Contemporary Active Jazz Bass V HH features controls for master volume, pickup blend, master tone, and bass/treble boost."

• 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic