Why become a member? ×

Covid screens for mic stands... coming!

BCH

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

Still better than a music stand.

/LightThatTouchpaper 

I guess as a player in a big band, you and colleagues are users of the 'illegal' music stands!! 😬

Back on topic, surely any barrier will just redirect the droplet-laden air back at the people behind, namely the band!! And dependent on the air flow, over the screen and into the audience? 

Perhaps they need to sing in a 'booth'!!! 😂

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

Sitting down gigs are fine with stands.

Nothing else.

I think you'll find they're still illegal 😏 

Having done both, (and needed to on standing up deps with massive set lists - I did avoid it stood right in front of me so it wasn't a visual barrier) I don't have a problem with either but tend to agree with you, sat down is more acceptable visually.

Do you guys have those colour coded stands all the same across the orchestra/ band with the BL's initials on the front? That's very showbiz if so 😬 😂 I remember seeing the Buddy Rich Orchestra in the mid 70s and they had those across the whole band - somewhat incongruous when they were playing a lot of jazz/funk and jazz/rock as per Weather Report/ Return to Forever/ Miles Davis, but more in a Blood, Sweat and Tears format - they were extremely good as well. I couldn't imagine Jaco having a stand with JW on it for instance. I suppose it was a collision of two eras really!! 

Edited by drTStingray