Why become a member? ×

Ibanez EDA900_Spotted in Cash Converters

PaulThePlug

Spotted today in the local branch (Orpington) of Cack Converters... Ibby EDA900 - £249 Ticket... Just in case anyone is interested in a weird 'n wacky!... and as mentioned in the recent 'Skinny Necks' thread... took a couple of pics... would be in trouble if i bought it after the SR600 the other week...

20200904_145202_resized.jpg

20200904_143434_resized.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bassassin said:

The Lost Art Of Trimming Strings!

Not quite as bad as it looks - these have reverse-geared tuners, apparently to maintain a straight line over the nut.

Yes,  but they've string E and A backwards. Ought they not to be strung such that they pass under the machine heads, thus maintaining the straight string pull?

4 minutes ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Yes,  but they've string E and A backwards. Ought they not to be strung such that they pass under the machine heads, thus maintaining the straight string pull?

That's how they're designed to be strung - I think it's the 29 wraps around the post compromising the string line! :lol:

38.jpg

• 1 month later...

Total steal of a bargain there, but does make me wonder. In the window for £249 (which is probably not unrealistic for a rare & decent bass with a respected brand; then knocked down to £200; and then £100. And they let it out of the shop for £85.

Makes me pretty confident that the poor sod who took it in walked out with a big fat £50 in his pocket. Good old Crack Converters.

15 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Total steal of a bargain there, but does make me wonder. In the window for £249 (which is probably not unrealistic for a rare & decent bass with a respected brand; then knocked down to £200; and then £100. And they let it out of the shop for £85.

Makes me pretty confident that the poor sod who took it in walked out with a big fat £50 in his pocket. Good old Crack Converters.

It is possible to find out how much they paid for it, the sticker will have a 4 or 5 letter code on it somewhere, it will be 2 or 3 letters then a dot and 2 more letters, the last two letters will probably be HH, 

Cash converters use what is usually referred to as the Blacksmith code, to mark the price paid on each item.

B=1  L=2  A=3 and so on, so the HH is 0 pence.  

i find this useful when i find something in the shop that i don't want to pay full price for, knowing how much they paid is a great starting point for haggling.

Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2