Why become a member? ×

Burns Bison Bass SOLD!
£575
Bristol

Pinball

This bass hasn't been played much and is in showroom condition. The previous owner bought it used a couple of years back but became ill so it stayed in it's case. He also bought the case new from Burns and was told that it was the last one. I don't think that they make these new at the moment so it may well be a good investment. Everything works like it should. It has a great action and sound and is a nice instrument. Note: I am in no rush to sell so would rather trade for a nice passive P bass/replacement with a bit of thump-thinking G&L or Fender, either 4 or 5 strings as I play both.

If you aren't familiar with these there is a nice review and video here: https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/issues/issue-29/reviews/burns-bison-bass/

Thanks for looking.

20200904_135109(1).thumb.jpg.9fcda0b1060e93ef12e1412c291972dd.jpg have been

thumbnail.jfif thumbnail.jfif

Edited by Pinball
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Piers_Williamson said:

What does 'Wild Dog' sound like?

I'm the type of player who finds favourite sounds and then sticks to them so I had to do a bit of exploring. 

Between the "A/B" and "Selection nob" there are 8 sound options Note: it has flats on at the moment, rounds would no doubt add more growl.

Wild Dog isn't that "wild" in todays terms but it adds more bite on this bass, which is full of classic 60's sounds. Selecting Wild dog and "A" dials in a more treble and high mids for a more "jazzy" sound, where as on "B" it is more rounded like a good P bass. I really like that one. I love messing around with playing styles and palm muting with this bass.

My favourite tones are: Split Sound and Bass on A and Wild Dog on B

Best to check on youtube as it is hard to describe them

• 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic