Why become a member? ×

Is this really a Warwick?

alyctes

No, it's not the W-bodied thingy...

It's this fretless.  It appears to have the Warwick emblem on the headstock, and while I don't know Warwicks this seems to be ludicrously underpriced and generally not very Warwick-y. 

So is it bogus, a re-necked bitsa, or what?

Opinions, thoughts, etc. please.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W-Fretless-Bass-Guitar-1401765-ET/184430876297?hash=item2af0efd689:g:j~QAAOSw1GJfUPKj

21 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Ive owned about 30 Warwicks and only 2 had dodgy trussrods.

Two Rockbass Streamers both with shot truss rods ( a standard 5 and an LX 5). Granted my Vampyre was bulletproof. Heard a lot of bad bad things on the Warwick forums related to truss rods in the past

3 hours ago, Nibody said:

Two Rockbass Streamers both with shot truss rods ( a standard 5 and an LX 5). Granted my Vampyre was bulletproof. Heard a lot of bad bad things on the Warwick forums related to truss rods in the past

I agree that their reputation isnt great in terms of the truss rod. Dont Warwick offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner?

9 hours ago, dyerseve said:

I agree that their reputation isnt great in terms of the truss rod. Dont Warwick offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner?

only on the German made ones I believe. I think the Rockbass series are fantastic but the truss rod is horrible - I fixed one of mine by fitting an aftermarket two way truss rod. The anchor point at the neck end on the original Warwick one was just too small - pushing a small piece of brass on five string too much pressure on too little surface area of wood. I( don't know if with the updated Rockbass line they changed the truss rod - I hope they did.