Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBG5 needs something magical!

glassmoon

Hello all here in BC Land...

A question, if I may... so I have a 90s BBG5 which I got for gigs where my '96 TRB6 may be a tad overkill, and while I love how it feels, plays and looks... I can't help feel that the pickups are somewhat lacking - ok, a lot lacking.
While I am a massive fan of Bartolini gear (I replaced the stock pups in the TRB), I wouldn't mind checking out some other, perhaps less expensive options... really, just something I can solder in and not have to worry too much about...
Any suggestions as to what I might consider would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance...

2 hours ago, gary mac said:

Back when I had a Yamaha B1200 a previous owner had installed EMGs. I always got a sound that I liked and that worked well in a band context.:)

Y'know, I always thought EMGs were the sole domain of "metal" bass players - hence me staying away (only cos I am not a metal bass player, not cos I don't enjoy metal)... but after discovering that one Victor Wooten and one Henrik Linder play EMGs, I have looked a little more closely... that is a great reminder to check them out!

Now... in the UK (I have only been 'here' for a year), where is the best place to get EMGs?

Thanks @gary mac

• Like 1