Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot EQ board Allen bolts Help Please

BassManGraham

Does anyone have a couple of spares or know what size I.e. thread and diameter, the Allen nuts & bolts used to secure the Graphic Equalizer circuit board to the amp chassis on a Trace Elliot Series 6 GP7 head?

I recently made a new amp sleeve for a Series 6 GP7 head from a BLX combo. There was a rattle and vibration emanating from the amp at moderate volume. Initially I thought my cabinetry was at fault but on further investigation found that the graphic equalizer circuit board was loose as two of the four internal nuts were missing.

Does anyone know where I can source these. Failing this I will seek an old head for spares. 

Cheers

20200902_155354.jpg

Edited by BassManGraham
Add photo

they should be standard metric fasteners, measure the diameter of the screw and then hit up ebay or similar for some replacements, i would suggest Nyloc nuts as they are less susceptible to loosening off due to vibration.

i'll guess that they will be M3 but M2 or M2.5 are possible.

Matt

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Matt P said:

they should be standard metric fasteners, measure the diameter of the screw and then hit up ebay or similar for some replacements, i would suggest Nyloc nuts as they are less susceptible to loosening off due to vibration.

i'll guess that they will be M3 but M2 or M2.5 are possible.

Matt

Thanks Matt, I think they must be M2s. Cheers

I had to find a couple for my MkIV a couple of years ago (screw heads instead of allen bolts).

I bought both M2 and M2.5 sizes and sadly for the life of me cannot remember which size fitted, although I strongly suspect it was 2.5. I know they were only a couple of quid off fleabay anyway.

• Like 1

Take the bolts you have to an electronics shop, preferably one that has an older pre-internet guy behind the counter. He can probably tell you what size it is just by looking at it.

Or just buy a few in sizes 2 and up (they go up in .5 increments), if you have some digital calipers it will tell you the actual size.

Remote control hobby shops also often stock the smaller sizes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2020 at 00:07, Deedee said:

I had to find a couple for my MkIV a couple of years ago (screw heads instead of allen bolts).

I bought both M2 and M2.5 sizes and sadly for the life of me cannot remember which size fitted, although I strongly suspect it was 2.5. I know they were only a couple of quid off fleabay anyway.

Well I ended up buying M2s, M2.5s and M3s to be sure, to be sure etc. It transpired that they were M3s on the Series 6 heads, so I was able to fit M3 Nylocks, all rattles gone amp sounding brilliant again. BTW Boltbase in UK were brilliant, very helpful even for a tiny order.

• Like 2