Why become a member? ×

September Composition Challenge

lurksalot

Well , in a surprise turn up , I asked lurksalittle what she thought of my effort , and she thought I was singing the wrong melody in the chorus!

i asked how she thought it should go , so she sang it , and I recorded it , simple 9_9

it kind of throws a gender spanner in to confuse the lyric a little , but it is so much sweeter on the ear.

im going to try some more guitar in it, then release it to grand acclaim, I might even have a launch party with myself while listening to all the plaudits 😎

• Like 1

On 19/09/2020 at 14:15, lurksalot said:

Well , in a surprise turn up , I asked lurksalittle what she thought of my effort , and she thought I was singing the wrong melody in the chorus!

i asked how she thought it should go , so she sang it , and I recorded it , simple 9_9

it kind of throws a gender spanner in to confuse the lyric a little , but it is so much sweeter on the ear.

im going to try some more guitar in it, then release it to grand acclaim, I might even have a launch party with myself while listening to all the plaudits 😎

I'd love to come to the launch, but I'm afraid I'm out that night !!

1 hour ago, fingers211 said:

I'd love to come to the launch, but I'm afraid I'm out that night !!

31 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

If this is the launch, maybe I'll invite myself..! :hi:

WEelLCd.jpg

Sorry gents , bloody autocorrect , it was supposed to say ‘lunch pasty’

i have to say it was a lovely Lunch with a bit of brown sauce , maybe next time :D

Made it.... Just!

Here's my entry to to the September 2020 Composition Challenge, inspired by the picture selected by August's winner.... er, me.

When taking pics like that there's sometimes a sense of being watched ('ere Ron, that idiot's out in the garden again, shining a torch on the tree!), so I ran with the idea of being observed from beyond.

All recorded in Cubase Elephants, using my Jake 5 and my Westbury Standard through the Helix. Standard Cubase plugin thingys, drums from the Mrs, and my unschooled wing and a prayer mixing method (and I don't even know what mastering means, so none of that exotic stuff).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Made it.... Just!

Here's my entry to to the September 2020 Composition Challenge, inspired by the picture selected by August's winner.... er, me.

When taking pics like that there's sometimes a sense of being watched ('ere Ron, that idiot's out in the garden again, shining a torch on the tree!), so I ran with the idea of being observed from beyond.

I think similar when I do my singing , I have to make sure everyone’s windows are closed before I start up .

in these Covid days , I don’t want the neighbours clambering round my garden for a listen , you know how it is ! 

• Haha 2

Got it done.  Really happy with the sound too (sounds great in the car).

My view of the pic is night driving, passing the large spruce & seeing it move to the rhythm.  The song goes through a couple of changes & then heads back from where it began.  It was originally 124 bpm, but to get it under 5 mins, I had to make it 126.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, upside downer said:

Roger that (fnarr), just looking forward to your last minute entry (fnarr, fnarr) 🤪

Well I never, 

I actually think I didn’t press the ‘submit post ‘ button , I thought I had posted it , I even had my lunch pasty 

I’ll go and do it now , it’s probably still sitting on the PC waiting for me :facepalm:

• Haha 1

well here's an odd occurrence , I honestly thought I'd posted this on Monday !

Its a bouncy little ditty for you here , based on the picture , which is a starry night sky , so space , and if space is a theme , you just can't forget Jane Fonda , so with some ridiculous lyrics by me , guitars, bass and half the vocal by me , Drums by EZ, and the chorus by Lurksalittle   I offer you  ...Type R

enjoy

Well I think I might just have another pasty after that shock !

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 3