Why become a member? ×

My YouTube channel - finally....

cetera

Over these past few months of lockdown I've taken the time to record some of my fave basslines. Mainly rock, and lots of KISS, but plenty of other stuff from Cliff Richard to The Doobie Brothers to E,W & F in there....

I did it all for myself initially.....and kept it private with just a few close friends but I've been persuaded to upload it all to the public. I'm playing many of the basses in my collection so lots of bass p*rn in there too for those who don't like my song choices... lol!

More basslines being uploaded soon..... so please feel free to subscribe.

Hope you enjoy.... and please be kind! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4fUL3cm3mec9PPuWwjxuzA/videos

Btw, some friends have asked me why I don't have my face onscreen. This is simply because I prefer to concentrate on the instruments and the basslines. I have no interest in seeing what the person looks like on youtube..... unless it's Marta Altesa ;)

Edited by cetera
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kusee pee said:

Great effort, thanks for sharing.  And Rio with a plectrum!

Just seen that, one of those lines that when seen played looks so much less complicated than it sounds like it would be  to play. I think I’m going to have a go at that.

And back on topic, yes good playing, sone nice material listed.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

Just awesome and you can actually hear the bass without the music drowning it out like most YT videos do 

Good work ill be watching more 👍

Yep, which means that unlike most YT vids, these are really good instructional vids also, gonna be getting to grips with Voulez Vous later :)

• Thanks 1

Great work @cetera!! and thank you for sharing.

So many great selections and you've nailed all of them (including Rio with a plectrum).

Voulez Vous reminds me of just what an accomplished musician Rutger Gunnarsson was and thanks to your great cover his, and your, brilliance lives on.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

Just awesome and you can actually hear the bass without the music drowning it out like most YT videos do.

Funny thing is... I have no recording/tech gear. I simply set up my phone on a shelf, press play on my hi-fi and play along on my bass. I just do a couple of quick passes to check my bass can be heard and that's it. Zero recording gear financial outlay!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cetera said:

Funny thing is... I have no recording/tech gear. I simply set up my phone on a shelf, press play on my hi-fi and play along on my bass. I just do a couple of quick passes to check my bass can be heard and that's it. Zero recording gear financial outlay!

It works really well and as others have commented some great tuition vids there.

Dave

• Thanks 1