Why become a member? ×

Wanting a change for no readily apparent reason?

MacDaddy

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2020 at 13:53, shug said:

If it's any help at all, I used one of these at a festival last year and it was a bit stinky poo, frankly. I'm not precious about house rigs and I hope I'm not a gear snob but this item fell short on every measure.

More info needed please 🙂

I've been watching reviews on the YouTube and still fancy one.

33 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

More info needed please 🙂

I've been watching reviews on the YouTube and still fancy one.

Well, it's been a while now but it was for sure that head pictured on either a 4x10 and 1x15 or a pair of 4x10's, both Peavey,  What can I tell you? I used it for an hour set and despite my making constant adjustments couldn't get anything good out of it. I'm not looking for anything unusual from a bass amp and would have expected it to sound ok through those cabs.

They might be ok and I was maybe unlucky but if I were to buy one - which I won't - I'd want to give it a good test run first and through the cab or cabs I'd be using it with. If you buy one new and online I guess you could always send it back if it didn't suit you. For the record, I don't have a beef with all the Peavey gear I've used over the years and I'm used to using house rigs and getting what I need out of 'em.

• Thanks 1

I have been through few amps over the years. All selections based on either some perception of need, or curiosity. I try to stick to 3 at any one time but slacking presently with 4 full choices on hand including two full tube rigs that have only had a handful of gigs between them in the last two years. Don't get me started on preamps.