Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Opto comp, anyone used one?

maidens97

Considering buying one of these in the next couple of months as guitar guitar has them for £75 brand new, although open minded to other comps. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with one and can recommend or tell me to avoid them? Tried searching but couldn't find any threads on it.

Should note that I've previously owned a Diamond Compressor and a Seymour Duncan Studio Bass.

Edited by maidens97

Had one before. Wasn’t too bad, but it thickens the sound in a way that put in front of my SansAmp BDDI V2, it was too much (the SansAmp also compresses a tiny bit). It’s easy to use, and for the price, it does a good job. Wasn’t a fan of how it colours the sound, that’s all. Very happy with my Keeley Bassist, which is very transparent. Not the same budget though!

1 hour ago, jbu09 said:

Not impressed with the Diamond or SDSB then? In the market for a new compressor too, so just curious.

Was actually very impressed the SDSB but not so much with the diamond but others swear by it. Would have definitely have the SDSB again but feel silly buying pedals twice 🥺

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, maidens97 said:

Was actually very impressed the SDSB but not so much with the diamond but others swear by it. Would have definitely have the SDSB again but feel silly buying pedals twice 🥺

I've bought an Ampeg SVT-3pro 6 times now 😮