Why become a member? ×

Valeton Rushead Max

ped

After being severely disappointed with the Vox Amplug I thought this looked like a potentially better gadget. 

Rechargeable built in battery and aux in/phones out.

I love reverb in bass so that’s handy to have built in. Will do a review when it arrives!

019D8E9E-2B85-42E6-8F8C-32EFFD1CF335.jpeg

14 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Any Valeton stuff I've had has been well made. The vulnerability with my Vox amplug was me. I trod on my own headphone cable and rather than just unplug it ripped the guts out of it. 

I just found it hugely noisy. I ripped the guts out of it on purpose.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Any particular thing drew you to this one? I see they have one with 'Bass' written on it. Although I'm skeptical as to what real difference this makes. 

No difference apparently - this one is designed for anything with a 1/4" plug, and I'mm mostly use it with my WIngbass anyway. I just want to try it as it would be ideal to have something so small, and I really like having reverb on tap too. Hopefully the signal to noise ratio is better... and I guess the more people that try it the more likely it'll be that the product gets better and better. I'd love a really well made super hifi version by someone like PJB or Roland!

2 hours ago, ped said:

No difference apparently - this one is designed for anything with a 1/4" plug, and I'mm mostly use it with my WIngbass anyway. I just want to try it as it would be ideal to have something so small, and I really like having reverb on tap too. Hopefully the signal to noise ratio is better... and I guess the more people that try it the more likely it'll be that the product gets better and better. I'd love a really well made super hifi version by someone like PJB or Roland!

I remember you have a particular sensitivity to extraneous noise.

I wonder if a more expensive version is a good idea. I think the design itself will always be vulnerable to damage. 

• Like 1

It’s terrible. 

Distorts even with a passive bass on clean mode with gain in zero. 

Feels nicely made and so on but although there’s very little noise, as soon as you play a note it farts slightly and gets worse down the neck. 

I never send anything back but I think I might this time!

10 hours ago, ped said:

It’s terrible. 

Distorts even with a passive bass on clean mode with gain in zero. 

Feels nicely made and so on but although there’s very little noise, as soon as you play a note it farts slightly and gets worse down the neck. 

I never send anything back but I think I might this time!

Do it. Demand satisfaction. Don't take no for an answer etc