Why become a member? ×

Orange Little Bass Thing

la bam

I've got one & it has a very versatile sound range. Unfortunately got it just before lockdown so have only used it in anger once & it drove my BF Super Twin really smoothly, no problems keeping up with a loud drummer.

Really like the compressor on it & it does have an effect.

Need more gigs to be really sure but works rally well with my Super Compact at low volume at home.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, therasonic450 said:

I've got one & it has a very versatile sound range. Unfortunately got it just before lockdown so have only used it in anger once & it drove my BF Super Twin really smoothly, no problems keeping up with a loud drummer.

Really like the compressor on it & it does have an effect.

Need more gigs to be really sure but works rally well with my Super Compact at low volume at home.

Does it do the calves sound well? Or is it more standard class d sound?

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

Looks like it was released this year, which was unfortunate timing. At 500W it's more than most people need for recording/home use, and I don't imagine many folks have been investing in gigging amps recently!

That's a really good point. 

• 7 months later...

Hi guys! 

I am considering this head because I've always liked Orange but I've never owned one bass amp by them. I really wanted the 4 stroke, but I prefer Class D for the size and weight. I like the EQ and the overall clean sound (for what I heard on Youtube). That's why I'm considering this over the Terror Bass. However, I'm concerned about the DI (which says Post EQ and Volume). I'm used to having Post EQ with my Ashdown, but what about post volume? Does the volume knob affect the DI? I don't think that would be a smart design. I would understand an independent volume knob, but not the volume in the amp. What do you guys think? 

• 1 month later...

Still really happy with mine, especially at my Super twin has now broken in a bit more. I have also put a compressor on the board at about half, always on, & run the amp compressor below half as well - perhaps a strange way of doing things but it tightens the sound up superbly. Played a couple of gigs last weekend & got lots of compliments on the sound, especially as it was outside & only a dribble through the PA.

• Like 1