Why become a member? ×

No very happy

Dov65

On 10/09/2020 at 21:28, Eldon Tyrell said:

Sorry to read about the poor "service" you are getting, @Dov65 Sounds really terrible. I would call them and tell them that enough is enough and that you are passing it over to your lawyers now (and yes, these lawyers are real ;- )

Good luck 👍

As soon as you quote the sale of goods act and legal action most companies should respond..........

This is the bit that really grinds me, why does it take days before they reply ? I did send them an email on Tuesday morning saying i was happy enough to accept offer and i needed an address to send the certificate back for the black bass. Maybe their having a think after what Fender had to say i dunno.

On 11/09/2020 at 13:07, Woodinblack said:

Under the sales of goods act, the items has to last as long as would be reasonable for it to last (which as you say, is about 6 years), but the supplier is only responsible for it for the first year, or for items that failed straight away (which obviously you can't prove it did as you didn't try it).

For things that have failed beyond that period, it is then the manufacturers problem. So GG have no responsibility to replace it, it is down to GK to do that.

The Sale of Goods Act is completely irrelevant. It was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act in 2015.

Under that, if it fails and you return it in the first 30 days, you are entitled to a full refund. If you discover the fault in the first six months, the retailer has one opportunity to repair or replace, after which you are entitled to a full refund (or partial refund if you want to keep it). If it's more than six months, you have to prove that the item was faulty when you received it. Rather more information available from https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act. Mrs Zero used to be head of customer services at an online clothing company, and I have had my ears bent about this.

• Thanks 1