Why become a member? ×

No very happy

Dov65

19 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Well, that is how a large number of companies that sell basses here work (certainly bax, dv247 etc), they are european companies with a british branch. It wasn't a problem as you could just ship them quickly. I am sure all of those places aren't hiding anything from you, its just what they do as until the end of the year, we can buy things from whereever without additional problems.

Obviously post brexit we will solve that, its no longer going to be viable to get stuff shipped!

The reverse is also in effect, with gear4music for instance. Here in The Netherlands they pose as a local business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bolo said:

The reverse is also in effect, with gear4music for instance. Here in The Netherlands they pose as a local business.

Gear4Music also have a swedish warehouse which always seemed a bit odd. You could buy everything from them, but then one of your items would be delayed for 4 weeks and have high postage.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your woes @Dov65 - I really hope you get it sorted, with the best possible outcome.
I wouldn't want the certificate mis-matching the serial number on the bass, as has been mentioned - it would affect sell-on value
I think it's up to the retailer to sort this issue.

I must say, I've used PMT in Cardiff quite a bit since they set up a few years back, and I have to say, they've been great
I've noticed one or two of their instruments have definitely needed a set-up, when tried in their shop - especially recently, but their service has been quick, helpful and friendly.

Finger crossed for you mate - let us know how you get on. Best of luck :) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marc S said:

Sorry to hear of your woes @Dov65 - I really hope you get it sorted, with the best possible outcome.
I wouldn't want the certificate mis-matching the serial number on the bass, as has been mentioned - it would affect sell-on value

Well, if the certificate does have any value (not the sort of thing I have ever thought about), having the wrong number just makes it a piece of paper.

1 hour ago, Marc S said:

I must say, I've used PMT in Cardiff quite a bit since they set up a few years back, and I have to say, they've been great
I've noticed one or two of their instruments have definitely needed a set-up, when tried in their shop - especially recently, but their service has been quick, helpful and friendly.

Finger crossed for you mate - let us know how you get on. Best of luck :) 

Yep, I never had an problem with PMT, although I have never had to do a return, and it is only in returns do you know how good someone is. I have done G4M, Andertons and Bax returns and never had any problem with andertons and G4M.

• Like 1

Well, the Jazz is going back this week hopefully. PMT sent Fender an email regarding the serial number,  unfortunately due to this covid scenario the department at Fender who deals with these issues are working only through email & not able to speak with anyone so it could take a bit longer IF they get answers. It's the IF word...So its an email tomorrow to the returns department and that should be it 👍

• Like 1

Oh yes, the boys at Fender won't  speak to peiple on the phone because of the virus.

That smells fishier than my home made apple pie - they aint gonna catch the virus over the blower, so reverting to nothing but email sounds suspiciously like bullpois.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 1

A couple of months ago I ordered an Ashdown Norman Watt-Roy pre amp, the gold one from PMT.  It was on a clearance deal, for £250 odd, about £80 cheaper than usual.  I also ordered a pedal board at the same time.  The pre amp and pedal board came on time but the pedal was scratched, had no included power supply and was missing a foot (if new, the feet are in a plastic bag, not already stuck on).  The pedal board came without the velcro.

I called them top to complain and a very apologetic PMT employee offered me a pack of strings by way of an apology and said they would take the pre amp back and send me a new one, and the missing velcro.  

I chased them up the following day to ensure I received a new pre amp and it tuned out the 4 Norman watt-Roy pre amps they had in stock were all ex display and they couldn't guarantee the one I would receive was without flaws.  I was offered a refund, which I took, but still wanted the velcro.  They assured me it would arrive; it did, but only about half as much as should have come with the board.

An £80 reduction for an ex-display pre amp is still a good discount and if they had stated on their website that the items were ex-display I would not have been disappointed should I have ordered one.  But they didn't, they implied they were all brand spanking new.  And only sending half the required velcro after I chased them up was ridiculous!  The courier fees they paid would have cost more than the velcro.  I didn't chase them up again, I just ordered some velcro from Amazon.

PMT were very courteous and apologetic when I complained but this good side of their service is let down by some of the plonkers that send stuff out.  

I would be happy to buy stuff from one of their shops but I won't order from their website again, and I look on their discounted items as probably B stock or ex-display.

Edited by BillyBass

On 01/09/2020 at 20:13, Bassfinger said:

Oh yes, the boys at Fender won't  speak to peiple on the phone because of the virus.

That smells fishier than my home made apple pie - they aint gonna catch the virus over the blower, so reverting to nothing but email sounds suspiciously like bullpois.

I think the problem is a little simpler than that, they're all working from home so the phone number logistics (all the call diverts etc), security (which is significant) as well as simpler factors such as the inability to record phone calls for legal (sorry, 'customer service') reasons, means that for most businesses, email is a lot simpler and safer than phone at present. Theoretically it should be faster also :)

• Like 1

I haven't bought from Dv247 until last week. The last thing I had from them was when they were Musicstore Cologne and sent out a paper catalogue listing all their stock. So a long time ago. 

Happy to report the item arrived a day earlier than expected. The quality of the item is another story for another thread. 

Edited by stewblack

On 31/08/2020 at 21:00, Woodinblack said:

My main problems when dealing with bax was not the European leg of the journey, it was actually the bit that involved Hermes, who lost my bass, but then it got strangely found two months later. Actually, no, it was lack of contact

I had an awful experience with the Bax/Hermes comedy act too. The guitar was damaged in transit so I contacted Bax Music and heard precisely nothing for about three days. I called and was told the phone number was not in use and even contacted them via Facebook which is another story. 

Eventually I managed to get it RMA'd but it's really out me off using them again. 

Totally agree about the contact remarks, i've sent them a returns email for bass to be picked up but no reply. Maybe there waiting on Fender replying about the certs i dunno, anyway for all it takes to say were dealing with the courier for an uplift i'll phone again Monday see what they say..never mind happy Friday

47 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I had an awful experience with the Bax/Hermes comedy act too. The guitar was damaged in transit so I contacted Bax Music and heard precisely nothing for about three days. 

I tried all communications. In the end my problem was resolved well (very well in my case), but the 3 months before that when they just weren't replying kind of made any further dealings unlikely. 

With them it is sort of like shipping uninsured. If nothing happens and it gets through, it is fine. If not, you are pretty screwed.

Well it's like they wont take no for an answer, the bass is boxed up ready to return and now they want the serial number so they can order a certificate then post out to me but could take weeks..i don't want the f in thing...i've told them that, fed up repeating myself on the phone and emails that never get answered 🤬😡👎

On 08/09/2020 at 15:17, Dov65 said:

Well it's like they wont take no for an answer, the bass is boxed up ready to return and now they want the serial number so they can order a certificate then post out to me but could take weeks..i don't want the f in thing...i've told them that, fed up repeating myself on the phone and emails that never get answered 🤬😡👎

Sorry to read about the poor "service" you are getting, @Dov65 Sounds really terrible. I would call them and tell them that enough is enough and that you are passing it over to your lawyers now (and yes, these lawyers are real ;- )

Good luck 👍

• Haha 1

I use G4M a lot and never had issues, and ive returned a few things over the years. Also used DV247. These days they seem to only send out European models so I always get a shaver adapter. For this reason i tend to avoid them for pedals etc. I have had a couple from G4M as well but ive got in touch and they have always sent out a proper UK PSU, meaning i get to keep the first one as well. 

The place i will never use it Guitarguitar. I brought a GK head from them that was great until about 4 years down the line and I realised (in the studio) the XLR was dead. I had never used it before so never noticed. They said i had to get it sorted at my expense. When i mentioned about it not beeping that old (thought we were covered for 5-6 years over here) i was told i had to prove it was faulty at the time of purchase. I can appreciate things could have broken during the time, i had it, but as it was never used i doubt it. 

55 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I use G4M a lot and never had issues, and ive returned a few things over the years. Also used DV247. These days they seem to only send out European models so I always get a shaver adapter. For this reason i tend to avoid them for pedals etc. I have had a couple from G4M as well but ive got in touch and they have always sent out a proper UK PSU, meaning i get to keep the first one as well. 

The place i will never use it Guitarguitar. I brought a GK head from them that was great until about 4 years down the line and I realised (in the studio) the XLR was dead. I had never used it before so never noticed. They said i had to get it sorted at my expense. When i mentioned about it not beeping that old (thought we were covered for 5-6 years over here) i was told i had to prove it was faulty at the time of purchase. I can appreciate things could have broken during the time, i had it, but as it was never used i doubt it. 

Have to say that if owned a music store and a guy brought back a four year old amp, I'd tell him where to go also! Sorry, but amps aren't TVs, they get moved around, dropped, stuff spilled on them, plugged into dodgy power supplies, pushed to their limits. I think it would have been outstanding to the point of madness (the type of madness that put's stores out of business) if they'd taken in back :)

41 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Have to say that if owned a music store and a guy brought back a four year old amp, I'd tell him where to go also! Sorry, but amps aren't TVs, they get moved around, dropped, stuff spilled on them, plugged into dodgy power supplies, pushed to their limits. I think it would have been outstanding to the point of madness (the type of madness that put's stores out of business) if they'd taken in back :)

You are of course welcome to your opinion. 
Are you saying that the amp won’t be covered?

For what it’s worth, they said if I could have proven it never worked they would indeed sort it out. 

Edited by dave_bass5

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Under the sales of goods act, the items has to last as long as would be reasonable for it to last (which as you say, is about 6 years), but the supplier is only responsible for it for the first year, or for items that failed straight away (which obviously you can't prove it did as you didn't try it).

For things that have failed beyond that period, it is then the manufacturers problem. So GG have no responsibility to replace it, it is down to GK to do that.

To be fair I wasn’t expecting them to fix it, it was a long time ago, but the attitude of asking me to prove it was like that 4 years pervious was a bit off IMO. Could have been handled better. So it’s this reason I won’t use them. 
As for the reference to TV’s and Washing machines etc, I believe the wording says something like  ‘for what they are designed for’. I read that as a piece of professional  gigging equipment should be up to what goes with the job. 

Edited by dave_bass5

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

To be fair I wasn’t expecting them to fix it, it was a long time ago, but the attitude of asking me to prove it was like that 4 years pervious was a bit off IMO. Could have been handled better. So it’s this reason I won’t use them. 

Frankly when dealing with Bax, that is so far better than anything they did I would be delighted with it - imagine, them actually responding to something!

• 1 month later...

Resolved 🙂...Fender have looked into the serial number issue it's only took them since August but it works out that the Pro models built in 2016 didn't come with a certificate it was added later (I've attatched Fender's email). Mind you it doesn't answer how i ended up with  a certificate for a 2017 black Jazz !. As a goodwill gesture PMT have offered me a £230 gift voucher which i'm happy to accept.

Screenshot_20201028-055824_Email.jpg

• Like 4

On 31/08/2020 at 21:00, Woodinblack said:

My main problems when dealing with bax was not the European leg of the journey, it was actually the bit that involved Hermes, who lost my bass, but then it got strangely found two months later. Actually, no, it was lack of contact

Hermes!!!!  The worst IMO