Why become a member? ×

No very happy

Dov65

Right, 2 weeks ago i ordered a Jazz Pro (that was on the Monday) delivered on Tuesday and noticed a ding, scratches and a gnarled up T/R access hole on scratchplate, sent photos and gave them a bell to get it uplifted and a new one sent out which would take 2 - 3 days so should have been here at the latest on Wednesday this week..but didn't..sent a query email which was unanswered then phoned them up told bass would arrive Saturday which it did..its a 2016 model strings are dead and the best bit is the serial number authenticity certificate don't match serial number on bass !!! I checked online & it's for a black Jazz where mine is white. The dude on the phone said he had checked it 3 times 3 fekin times & still got it wrong. Obviously i'll be on the phone Monday or Tuesday dunno if there shut with it being a bank holiday. First and defiantly the last shower o dung

• Sad 4

Well for the most unforgettable shopping experience try PMT and not in a good way, maybe i was just unlucky the 1st time but after being told they had checked the replacement 3 times you'd think it would be fine. 

I wouldn’t want an instrument where the serial number doesn’t tally up with the colour coding as moving it on if necessary may be more difficult as a result. It looks to me that PMT should sort this properly  but their on-line operation does seem to be a little unorganised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Never had this fiasco before so should i be looking at returning the Jazz again ? Or get PayPal involved i dunno 

Phone them up and demand to speak to the manager. Personally I’ve received good service from PMT (Bristol) and they’ve been fair and reasonable. Perhaps it’s the individual rather than the business. 

I hope it gets sorted for you.

• Thanks 1

I had quite a big problem with them once with one of my jazzes, and I wasn’t really getting anywhere with the store manager, so I contacted their customer service department,  and a few days later the store manager called me and sorted it out straight away, I think it’s worth doing Dov, 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 30/08/2020 at 12:11, Burns-bass said:

Nobody deserves that when you’re spending over a grand!

Service should [edit:Shouldnt] depend on what ya spend... one persons grand may be an easy spend, someone elses 300 notes may be hard one and all they have... service is service....

On 30/08/2020 at 08:10, Dov65 said:

The dude on the phone said he had checked it 3 times 3 fekin times & still got it wrong....

I never see why these things happen... boils my fosters...

Name n shame...

Edited by PaulThePlug

4 hours ago, Dov65 said:

Never had this fiasco before so should i be looking at returning the Jazz again ? Or get PayPal involved i dunno 

Depends on your patience. I sent a bass back in march and it took until august to get it all sorted. Worked out ok in the end but I was pretty unhappy about it for most of that time, no / poor contact, everything took too long.

Slight tangent.

Increasingly, there's been signs of pre-Brexit activity with some on-line suppliers. On more than one occassion this year, I've been led to believe that I was ordering gear from a supplier and distributor (with a UK address). Only to experience fairly significant delays in shipping - from Europe. 

The first, turned out to be shipping from Holland, and the other from Poland. Unless you can establish they have what you require IN STOCK (or a prepared to wait, with all the anxiety that entails), then buyer beware!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, SimonEdward said:

Increasingly, there's been signs of pre-Brexit activity with some on-line suppliers. On more than one occassion this year, I've been led to believe that I was ordering gear from a supplier and distributor (with a UK address). Only to experience fairly significant delays in shipping - from Europe. 

Well, that is how a large number of companies that sell basses here work (certainly bax, dv247 etc), they are european companies with a british branch. It wasn't a problem as you could just ship them quickly. I am sure all of those places aren't hiding anything from you, its just what they do as until the end of the year, we can buy things from whereever without additional problems.

Obviously post brexit we will solve that, its no longer going to be viable to get stuff shipped!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SimonEdward said:

On more than one occassion this year, I've been led to believe that I was ordering gear from a supplier and distributor (with a UK address). Only to experience fairly significant delays in shipping - from Europe. 

The first, turned out to be shipping from Holland...

BAX Music?

Address in Folkstone? then shipped from Holland? - Yep, same here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SimonEdward said:

Seems to be an issue with gear from the USA too. I'm still waiting on an Eden WTP600 that I ordered back in March from our local Musicroom. Covid lockdown obviously didn't help, but when the shop reopened, they contacted me to say there were delays right along the supply chain and did I want to cancel? I said no, but I'm still waiting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SimonEdward said:

Slight tangent.

The first, turned out to be shipping from Holland, and the other from Poland. Unless you can establish they have what you require IN STOCK (or a prepared to wait, with all the anxiety that entails), then buyer beware!!

Yep, DVT247 advertise as a UK company, indicated items in stock in UK stores, but when you order you are all too often informed that the gear is actually out of stock in the warehouse in Germany where all web orders ship from. As the result of this you might have to wait weeks/months for the item to be back in stock in Germany, even if it is in stock in the London shop about 20 miles away from where you live (but from where you cannot order it online). DV247 will never have any of my cash again

• Like 1

My main problems when dealing with bax was not the European leg of the journey, it was actually the bit that involved Hermes, who lost my bass, but then it got strangely found two months later. Actually, no, it was lack of contact

Edited by Woodinblack