Why become a member? ×

F/T or F/S: Fender JB Marcus Miller Olympic White UPGRADED
£1300
Barcelona

bajisimo

Hi all,

Up for sale my almost brand-new Fender Japanese Marcus Miller upgraded with a custom-made J-retro preamp and a pickup cover.

The bass is simply mint, no dings or scratches, in a spectacular Olympic White finish.

The preamp includes a really simple active and efficient as the original Marcus Miller on his Fender.

Having used the j-retro in other basses it was too much-complicated.

So this one this is soooo much in a good combination of the parameter, so you have volume for each pickup and a bass boost and a treble boost cut. 

You can even set the EQ frequencies to wrap around with the 2 sweep pot inside the preamp under the pickguard and adjust the gain with the little blue pot from 0 to 12 dB (currently at + 6db).

All details are in the original schematics by John East himself and will be sent along with the bass.

Also an original atelier black pickup cover as the one used by MM is included as well as the chrome original one.

Bass will be bullet-proof packed and sent in a Fender hardcase.

Trades: Only interested in passives FENDER 4-strings PRECISION or JAZZ basses. 

Cheers up!

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135241.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135249.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135257.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135306.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135314.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135329.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135335.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135342.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135346.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200730_135352.jpg

• Like 2

Years ago I had a similar white one and I sold it..Within a couple of hours I had around five people who wanted to buy it (I wasn't asking much, around 600 euros if I recall correctly). At the end of the day I got a reaction from a young bassplayer from Holland who said this was his dream bass but he couldn't afford it..

He said that he was going to work during the holidays picking fruit from trees to earn this bass but this would mean that I had to wait another six months and he didn't expect me to keep this for him..

I kept the bass, he worked hard for his bass picking fruit from trees and afterwards he came to see me (his father drove the car and told me that he wanted his son to work for what he desired) and he left with the white Miller bass..

I'm always glad to see one, reminds me of the young boy from Northern Holland...(sorry for the off topic)

Edited by wombatboter
  • Like 20

7 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

Sorry if I missed it but is this with a j retro or not, looks like the original pre in the pics... 

Love the story BTW @wombatboter

Indeed, that was the idea to have this custom made J-retro... an improved  pre but as easy to manage as the original MM has on his bass.

This is just a nightmare for me... sooo many options.

j-retro-01-deluxe.jpg

Edited by bajisimo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...